Wetroom shower tray formers and vertical outlet trap options

cwr

I wonder if this is an unusual arrangement, given the apparent low availability of suitable gullies. Or am I missing an obvious solution...?

So, what I want to do is use a former (1200 x 900, center drain), with a gully that has a vertical outlet that goes straight into ta 110mm waste pipe that comes up through the slab floor. And I want a gully that the inners of which can be lifted out should access ever be needed to the waste pipe.

I've found a McAlpine gully that meets this spec but it is for membrane tanking. Could maybe make my own former from 4 bits of tile backer board and seal with tape and to the gully?

10 hours ago, cwr said:

I wonder if this is an unusual arrangement, given the apparent low availability of suitable gullies. Or am I missing an obvious solution...?

So, what I want to do is use a former (1200 x 900, center drain), with a gully that has a vertical outlet that goes straight into ta 110mm waste pipe that comes up through the slab floor. And I want a gully that the inners of which can be lifted out should access ever be needed to the waste pipe.

I've found a McAlpine gully that meets this spec but it is for membrane tanking. Could maybe make my own former from 4 bits of tile backer board and seal with tape and to the gully?

I am in a similar position, need two shower trays going which drain straight into soil pipe.

I am intending to use these - or one of the Wedi trays and then push 30cm or so of waste pipe down verically through a McAlpine DC2:

https://www.wedi.de/uk/products/building-systems/floor-level-showers/fundo-integro

11 hours ago, PeterW said:

Assuming you want to tile, the McAlpine one comes in a tile version here 

https://mcalpineplumbing.com/wet-room-products/tiles-gratings-accessories-and-conversion-kits/fgt150-sv-110-150mm-square-stainless-steel-tile-internal-non-return-valve-push-fit-outlet

need to get the tanking perfect though

I would be interested to see that.  It mentions "valve" not "trap" so is it a version of a fanny trap?  I wonder how it would stand up to a drain pressure test?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, cwr said:

As for trays, did I see somewhere on this forum someone that made their own by laying mortar sloped in towards the drain, or did I just imagine that...?

This is a standard detail, I will have a couple of these my last house had 3 it’s fairly normal 

you screed the floor with a fall to the drain, then tanking membrane then tiles, no tray needed. 

@Onoff has about 16,000 pictures of his.