Help what to do with this...

This is the utility and inside of our composite stable door which was a bit smaller than initially planned as we got a great deal on an ex display door. Advice please on any sort of trim we can use or what do do to tidy up this inside. Our LVT flooring was laid when this was fitted and it now looks a bit of a mess ?

Builders are continuing to work through snagging list next week but I don't know what to do with this.....IMG_20210109_103751.thumb.jpg.2f8313e1965d0db838d24d5b19213dd8.jpg

IMG_20210109_103726.thumb.jpg.828de33ab2652f23c01e760d60091f6a.jpgIMG_20210109_103732.thumb.jpg.a5b1f0640e0869f6549429f1628302ae.jpgIMG_20210109_103751.thumb.jpg.2f8313e1965d0db838d24d5b19213dd8.jpg

Needs some sort of threshold but in something hard wearing so you don’t need to constantly paint it.

Have you got any LVT left over ..?? you could get a piece of hardwood such as sapele which is quite “solid” and bond it / screw to the concrete and then have LVT bonded onto that - would look like a small internal step and low enough you won’t trip over it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Have you got any LVT left over ..?? you could get a piece of hardwood such as sapele which is quite “solid” and bond it / screw to the concrete and then have LVT bonded onto that - would look like a small internal step and low enough you won’t trip over it. 

Yes we do and the flooring company has to return too as some of the LVT tiles have a fault which the company have are paying for the faulty tiles to be lifted and replaced. 

Could be an option I can ask the builders to put a piece of hardwood onto it.

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

If I didn't want to use LVT (other half would prefer not to use the flooring don't know why) would it be possible to just paint it grey/black?

I prefer oak for this kind of stuff but if no other “wood” in the location might look a bit odd. What about a piece of bullnose UPVC, Would not need painting an would match your white door/skirting https://www.fasciaexpert.co.uk/upvc-trims/white-window-trims/architrave-white ?

edit. These are near you ?https://www.gbplastics.co.uk/Products/White_Architrave_PVC_UPVC_Skirting_Trim_torus_ogee_dmould_quadrant_fillet

Edited by joe90
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PeterW said:

Ask for a reason, then ask them to come up with a better plan .. ?

She doesn't think it would look right is the response and 'what if we change the floor' (it's only just bloody gone down)!! The trims we have between the utility and hall LVT are a kind of brushed steel aluminum so I quote 'something like that' . . . 

@Redoctober that is a bit bigger than what I was hoping for. The smaller the better to be honest!

We don't have any other 'wood' looking stuff and UPVC could be an option I guess but the option by to cover timber suggested by 

@Roundtuit could work. 

Or get the timber bonded and screwed into the concrete like @PeterW suggested then if she wants to keep painting it a grey/black colour to match the floor she can do it (or if she isn't in when the flooring company come back I'll just get them to do it and have the telling off after)!

We have a similar issue with our front door but this is a different LVT and we don't have flooring left!

3 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

IMG_20210110_202729.thumb.jpg.baca0d72d41a23ab72c1a58b5c86056b.jpgThis is our front door. In the absence of any LVT what would you say is the best option? This is only very small so would hardwood be OK again or is there anything else which would work?

Black UPVC Quadrant or small profile ..? Can’t see the exact dimensions but should be able to get something 

• Thanks 1