Eclisse pocket door again !

Pocster

Yes - this again 

7 sets of Instructions, numerous parts ( some clearly not relevant )

So ignoring instructions.

Glass pocket  door works fine but ‘assume’ there would be some rubber or strip down each side vertically ; cover up the gap and stop stuff going in the pocket .

Here’s a variety of bits that I simply can’t make head nor tail of .

Gussed the white strip goes across the top but can’t see what it’s function is .

Final 3 photos shows strips with foam inserts . But can’t see how I use then ... ?

F53FA3D8-B7F1-4342-9B8F-D643F5A69FD5.jpeg

37BEAB70-1E2E-43EE-980B-EF712D7E43AE.jpeg

2C6E1769-4352-4086-A0EB-511221F43848.jpeg

16A44B7E-3891-4F1E-925C-BF42D7166463.jpeg

19F23425-F7C2-4732-94B4-317C2F2EEBE2.jpeg

I think your kit must be different to the one I did in 2017. Mine was certainly Eclisse and the 8mm glass door. Either side of the door there were brush strips to disguise the gap. 
mine worked ok as long as no one slammed the door hard. If you did, the kinetic energy of the heavy glass door being stopped abruptly tended to knock the adjustment of the hangers out of tune a bit. The door kit was expensive and I had to more or less rebuild the wall. Ours was the 75mm kit and U.K. wall stud tends to be 70mm so I had to make it all match. Hence a bit of extra and a bit of packing. The steel frame is all a bit wobbly too. Without the reinforcement of the wall studs and the wall boards it would be a bit doubtful. I see you have lined the wall with osb, I used Fermacell.

I agree about the kit and the instructions. Not the easiest to understand and strange bits left over.
I’m not sure it would do it again. It looked good but a bit like wall hung toilets, I am not sure it is worth the cost and effort. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Timedout said:

I think your kit must be different to the one I did in 2017. Mine was certainly Eclisse and the 8mm glass door. Either side of the door there were brush strips to disguise the gap. 
mine worked ok as long as no one slammed the door hard. If you did, the kinetic energy of the heavy glass door being stopped abruptly tended to knock the adjustment of the hangers out of tune a bit. The door kit was expensive and I had to more or less rebuild the wall. Ours was the 75mm kit and U.K. wall stud tends to be 70mm so I had to make it all match. Hence a bit of extra and a bit of packing. The steel frame is all a bit wobbly too. Without the reinforcement of the wall studs and the wall boards it would be a bit doubtful. I see you have lined the wall with osb, I used Fermacell.

I agree about the kit and the instructions. Not the easiest to understand and strange bits left over.
I’m not sure it would do it again. It looked good but a bit like wall hung toilets, I am not sure it is worth the cost and effort. 

Yes - it's the most confusing thing to construct on the entire build!

I have brushes but they sit inside those strips - I've emailed Eclisse but as we had a massive argument last time I don't expect them to be helpful.

I'll look online for something I can use - there must be 'brushes' on strips specifically for this sort of thing.

We have a spare set of Eclise  brushes  ( and architrave)  you would be welcome to  from a single pocket door . We used the eclise   for the pocket but have trimmed it  with a kit form Porta doors so it matched our other doors . We are about 30 miles from Bristol 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

We have a spare set of Eclise  brushes  ( and architrave)  you would be welcome to  from a single pocket door . We used the eclise   for the pocket but have trimmed it  with a kit form Porta doors so it matched our other doors . We are about 30 miles from Bristol 

Hey !

That sounds great ! It’s completely unclear how / what brushes fit ! . Have you got a few photos of them ? . Much appreciated !! ?

Got a patronising response from Eclisse from the guy I obviously p*ssed off - and I remember him.

"To bridge the gap between the door and the aluminium frame you would have been sent a long white cardboard tube with Eclisse printed all over it that contains the Vitro kit,you will have timber infill pieces which you need to glue into place to reduce the gap "

There's only 1 wooden piece which is for the door stop end. I *presume* he is referring to the strips ( which are metal ) in my 3rd photo - but who knows.....

Tempted to reply how I'm thinking but couldn't be bothered.

What I might do is plaster board over the frame upto the door but a mm short. Then ct1 nice metal bead around it.

THe grey pictures are our door., it shows how it looks with brushes in case that helps  It was an eclise frame in the wall and the porta door frame . The box pics  are the whole of the eclise architrave and brushed kit.  Ours was not a glass door 

door5.jpg

door4.jpg

door3.jpg

door2.jpg

door 1.jpg

• Thanks 1