Graf waste water treatment plant, any thoughts?

3 hours ago, dpmiller said:

@SuperJohnG  I extended the air inlet hose about 6m with some buried 25mm conduit to place the snorkel in the hedgeline out of the way. Has no effect on the running of the unit, the volume of air required is quite low.

With Smart C there is no separate control box, there's an LCD built into the top cover flap of the pump.

Lift manhole, unscrew lid of "equipment capsule" to access.

Funnily enough I lifted the lid on ours yesterday for the first time in a year or so. Couldn't hear the pump at all until I lifted the manhole cover,  no odour whatsoever, and a seething mass below.

Thanks. Seems like a decent unit. I could either bring the vent back to the house which might be 8m or take it to the fencing but that would be maybe 12-15m and unsure if that's too far. 

Can't quite figure out why ita 1k.morw expensive though? 

If you were worried about the air supply, you could easily go up a size of duct to reduce restriction.

Are they size-for-size? Solido comes in a few different tank sizes. Is the Solido you're quoted specced with pump out or alarm vs the basic one with airlift only?

Is the output quality same?

1 hour ago, dpmiller said:

If you were worried about the air supply, you could easily go up a size of duct to reduce restriction.

Are they size-for-size? Solido comes in a few different tank sizes. Is the Solido you're quoted specced with pump out or alarm vs the basic one with airlift only?

Is the output quality same?

I'll need to check tomorrow on output but the solido is 8PE which can be turned down to 2PE. the ASP is 6PE but both gravity. The solido as far as I can see comes with the control panel as standard? Didn't see a basic version.

For anyone who comes across this - I have decided to go for the Solido Smart. 

The ASP currently is £1750 vs £2630 (Gravity outlet and delivered for both, plus VAT).

It's 900 quid more expensive for the Solido however ROI is in year 7 based on the power usage, see below for table. This was costs per year and cumulatively added up, starting point was 33p/kWh and a 3% inflation rate over 20 years. So on year 7 the extra money is paid back and by 20 years it nearly pays for itself vs the ASP. 

Plus point is that the effluent quality and suspended solids is better by a factor of 2 nearly) on the Solido. Will I notice the difference, absolutely not. Do I feel a little better about it - Yes.   

The Solido also has a flat tank cover and you can move the vent elsewhere which means I wont run over it like the ASP. Both very good units and either would be a good purchase. 

image.png.1640b2ccf9461a6916e3c27755c1388b.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SuperJohnG said:

For anyone who comes across this - I have decided to go for the Solido Smart. 

check your finished height as you can ask them to add a riser which they heat weld on. you can get different risers to suit afterwards 150 and 300mm from memory