Help with filling in G99 form please

andymb

Good evening everybody,

I'm wondering if anybody could please help me with filling in a G99 form please? 

My current situation is - currently don't have a mains electricity connection, considering approx 14kW PV array  BUT I'd like to know if the D.N.O will allow me a large enough export allowance to cope with the excess/unused energy from the 14kW array. 

If we already had a grid connection I'm not too sure I'd be bothered about exporting to the grid but as I'm trying to get a grid connection, it seems sensible to try for G99 compliance at this stage.

I've spent most of the day trying to work out some sample figures to put on my G99 form (sections 2 and 3) but haven't got anywhere - I thought that all of the figures would be on the inverter data sheets but they are like a foreign language to me! - I haven't even got the first section (firm export requirements) filled in!

If anybody has a similar sized system or has been through the G99 application process, please please please would it be possible for me to plagiarise your form? obviously if I find out that G99 is feasible then I'd ask a proper MCS installer to submit a "real" form but at present I'm just trying to work out if it's an option and the DNO won't give me an answer without making an application.

many thanks in advance for all and any help, Andy

Hi SteamyTea - I did look at getting 3 phase but it was prohibitively expensive - 3 phase hasn't made it this far yet!

also part of the reason that getting a connection is as difficult/expensive is that we have to upgrade the local transformer which is already at full capacity, so I thought that if we are upgrading the transformer we may as well aim for G99 compliance too - IF I can get the form filled in!!

hi ProDave, it was all of part 2 and 3 really, I really appreciate your offer of help, but `I think that maybe I'm just better off paying someone to do me a "dummy" application (just to see if it's feasible)....im so far out of my depth with this.....

thanks again, Andy

ProDave - I have attached the form - its sections 2 and 3 that I'm totally stuck with - I really do appreciate your offer of help but you'd basically be filling the entire form in for me so please don't feel compelled 

TonyT - I had found that thread but somehow hadn't realised it went for 9 pages - I'll have a read later

thanks for your input chaps, when I do get this sorted obviously I'll post it up so that anybody as clueless as myself can use it ?

blank g99.pdf

• 1 year later...

AndyMB  did you get this sorted?  I've just discoiverd I need to complete the G99 forms as well and am just as confused as you were.

Any advice or sample form would be really helpful.

That looks a lot simpler.  My set-up is single phase so the limit looks like 16kw but I will check with Western Power.  I'm planning to use a Solis RHi-5G Hybrid inverter and and an 8.8 (max)kw PV array plus Pylon US5000 4.8kwh battery.  It seems DNO will require me to provide some sort of export limiter to ensure export to grid can not exceed 16A.    Any suggestions for simplest way to do this?

If you’re with WP, you’ll almost definitely be forced to limit to 16A or 3.68kW max output as their network is oversubscribed for solar and they’re being difficult about new connections. You’re in a different part of their area so you may be luckier than me. 

If stuck with a limit and a big array you’d either have to zero output or G100 and limit to the above.

19 hours ago, Wil said:

If stuck with a limit and a big array you’d either have to zero output or G100 and limit to the above.

Is there a device I can add to limit the output to 3.68kw?

28 minutes ago, cbk said:

Is there a device I can add to limit the output to 3.68kw?

Your inverter can limit the export. That's what I've had to do with mine. Once my G98 is approved, I'm putting in a G99 for the extra.

G98 is a notification so they cant reject your <16 amp installation. They may query paperwork but thats all they can do.

I would put your G99 in straight away as certainly in our area things are getting processed very slowly. Put ours in months ago and other than a confirmation of receipt, not heard a peep