Oooops.... is there any way to recover from....

I forgot to seal the edges of the hole I cut for the sink. And now she's noticed that the 'grain' in the chipboard worktop is rising right next to the sink  - a bit not too much.

Her fault for splashing around too much ?

Edited by ToughButterCup

15 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Yes a slow round the world cruise on Cunard's Queen Mary, should be dry enough to seal on your return.....

?

Just before Christmas

9 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

If it is a laminate top and an normal inset sink the interface between sink and laminate should be watertight as part of the sink design.  What sink?

But I cut through the laminate to make the 'ole for the sink. 

I think I'll go on that cruise  @epsilonGreedy  .... mind you that could be a death sentence - but come to think of it I'm facing one anyway.

29 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

I forgot to seal the edges of the hole I cut for the sink. And now she's noticed that the 'grain' in the chipboard worktop is rising right next to the sink  - a bit not too much.

Her fault for splashing around too much ?

Swap it for a bigger sink so you need a bigger hole, and do it with the proper gloop ?.

What you need is to be really concerned about something that won't totally fit to wash in the current one (eg oven shelf, stove trivet, BBQ something). It is for the boss's benefit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

If it is a laminate top and an normal inset sink the interface between sink and laminate should be watertight as part of the sink design.  What sink?

Yes, water should not get under the sink edge!!!,!.

5 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Yes but the sink lip should go over the laminate with a seal around.  You can't (shouldn't) undermount a sink in chipboard tops.

It does go over, and there is a seal ... but the best laid plans of mice and men: should have sealed the edge of the cut hole as well.

Nowt for it: bigger sink and a big smile on my face when I suggest it. Thanks @Ferdinand