Isotex build in south east Cornwall

keith65

• 8 months later...

Time has seamed to have gone so quickly and work has not keep up.

I thought I would have finished a long time ago but still working through, but some light at the end of the tunnel.

Have managed to make the stairs and first fix pluming and electrician has finished first fix then all the plaster boarding and skimming done what a Christmas. My arms did not know what hit them. Now onto second fix so have fitted the kitchen and bathroom out and put in the feature wall behind stairs. Plumbing all finished just need to get the SAHP hot water system commissioned, and second fix electrics has started and also have started to lay the LVT flooring. I used the Eger flooring with the protective covering and did not realise you can`t glue the flooring straight on top so have hade to lay 6mm ply down first but as i am using it on the stairs have also had to add to stair treads to keep the rise the same. 

IMG_20211216_151358 (Small).jpg

IMG_20220129_141254 (Small).jpg

IMG_20220219_110728 (Small).jpg

1648840078963.jpg

IMG_20220329_145606 (Small).jpg

1648840909522 (Small).jpg

IMG_20220329_145611 (Small).jpg

IMG_20220219_110500 (Small).jpg

• 4 months later...
On 16/09/2022 at 18:34, Jamie Kent said:

I'm interested in the insulated raft foundations. Did you find this method  reduced costs over all?

The insulated rafts are more about low energy / high performance, ergo the reduced heating costs for the life of the dwelling is usually the where most attraction to this type of foundation comes from.

• 1 year later...

Hi Keith,

I was reading up on your build as currently in the process with an architect of designing a fairly large single storey ~190sqm “outhouse”, in the garden (new build) as well as an extension to our existing house too. Plans are to be finalised and sent to planning but I recently attended the Grand Designs show at the NEC and came across Isotex which interested me greatly as an alternative way to build. I will be in contact with one of the Italian owners whom I met at the show about it all but wondered whether you had any final thoughts about it all, whether you would use it again as a build method, whether anything that you had not considered before about the build changed your thinking and whether you would do anything differently. 

I am grateful for your time and I hope you are enjoying your build otherwise. 

BW

Nags

20 hours ago, GSN said:

Hi Keith,

I was reading up on your build as currently in the process with an architect of designing a fairly large single storey ~190sqm “outhouse”, in the garden (new build) as well as an extension to our existing house too. Plans are to be finalised and sent to planning but I recently attended the Grand Designs show at the NEC and came across Isotex which interested me greatly as an alternative way to build. I will be in contact with one of the Italian owners whom I met at the show about it all but wondered whether you had any final thoughts about it all, whether you would use it again as a build method, whether anything that you had not considered before about the build changed your thinking and whether you would do anything differently. 

I am grateful for your time and I hope you are enjoying your build otherwise. 

BW

Nags

Have you looked at the EPS ICF products ? 
I was going to build with Isotex but having been ripped off by Insulhub, and not wanting to pay the high delivery costs from Italy I looked at alternatives, I have now built with an EPS bock manufactured in the UK, which I believe is a superior product, in terms of insulation properties and ease of airtightness