Fixing 55' TV to Plasterboard/Breezeblock

I have done it twice before, TVs are not as heavy now as when I first wall mounted one.

The first time, I cut out the PB and mounted the bracket directly to the wall so its solid and the TV sits nice and close to the wall, now on the third TV on this bracket - the first TV (one of the first plasmas) weighed in at over 70kg

The second time I did it I used Corefix plasterboard fixings - they have a steel sleeve that fits through the plasterboard and into the block. I have also used them for hanging heavy cupboards etc. They would be my choice.

Edited by wozza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will be using the Corefix the next time I do something like this. 

I have used Rigifix before, another fixing sleeved in this way. It’s more expensive as it appears to be better engineered but 20kg is nothing to hold up so there would be no advantage in using it.

With nice blocks behind I would fix into them and use sleeves round the fixing shanks to trap the brackets by 1mm deflection onto the plasterboard.

I would probably use several 5mm screws, 5.5mm hole and red plugs, others may prefer 8mm and different colour plugs.