Automated UFH

12 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Yes, I have little temp devises around the house to PROVE it’s warm enough (she still asks me to light the woodstove tho).

I have the same issue with the bathrooms:

"Bathroom is cold"

"No it's 20 degrees in there"

"The floor is cold"

"That's because it has reached it's temperature and the UFH has turned off"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

"Bathroom is cold"

"The floor is cold"

Can’t win can you !

if I touch it and it’s cold ; it cold ( no smutty comments please ) . But it’s how it ‘feels ‘ equally no smutty comments !!

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

So a posh electronic one?  Why does it have so much hysterisis? Is that something you can adjust?  Do you have a model number?

I will try and dig out the paperwork, I don’t think it’s changeable, also it’s not a dry contact type and I blew the ASHP main board so modified it to dry contact.

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Another trick I have is a custom tape measure . Shows 6 inches on mine but really it’s only 3 . Who’s the man ! 

Explains a number of building issues you’ve had... like the walk on glazing. 

• Haha 2

@ProDave it’s a Wunda wired stat, can’t find any instructions or spec on their website, might give them a call in the morning to see I can get any info from them. Just found another stat (spare from electric UFH) again with no instructions or box ?‍♂️ (It is dry contact tho ?). 

41 minutes ago, joe90 said:

@ProDave it’s a Wunda wired stat, can’t find any instructions or spec on their website, might give them a call in the morning to see I can get any info from them. Just found another stat (spare from electric UFH) again with no instructions or box ?‍♂️ (It is dry contact tho ?). 

Here is the data sheet for your thermostat  https://cdn.wundatrade.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/E02-generic-E91-touch-screen-Stat-27-4-2018.pdf

See page 3.  Parameter 4diF  Switching differential, adjustable from 0.5C to 10C

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ProDave said:

"Bathroom is cold"

"The floor is cold"

It's amazing how in some commercial buildings a tenant will phone the help desk. The duty engineer says "I'll put that up 2degC, doing it as we speak, I'll phone you in half an hour". Half hour later he phones back and the tenant thanks him, much warmer etc. Truly impressive as he hasn't even touched the BMS computer to do it ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, joe90 said:

my stat has a 3’ hysterisis , means it switches when 3’ difference is felt. Set to 21’ it switches off at 22.5 but switches on at 19.5, really need to find one that’s got a 1’ hysterisis

I know @joe90 has worked out how to set the hysteresis on his stat to 1' but .....

What simple stats are out there without all the programmable stuff which have 1' or lower hysteresis.  Just simple old fashioned stats.

Simon