Automated UFH

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

You’ve bought the integrated Heatmiser system - why..?? That wiring centre isn’t dumb so you’re going to have issues with the Fibaro I reckon - you just needed a really basic wiring centre as that has loads of built in functions that you will need to override. Have you installed it ..?

Lol only just ordered it . Can cancel it . What should I order ??

10 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Heatmiser is expensive crap in my opinion and it goes out of date quickly and you can’t just upgrade bits of it when it breaks. 

Simple 8 channel UFH wiring centre off eBay is £45.. 

like this ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Underfloor-heating-wiring-centre-with-LED-Water-Underfloor-Heating-8-Zone-230v/254004013962?hash=item3b23d1ab8a:g:I5cAAOSw2~Nb~sCr

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve wired this up correctly I think ?

Can turn my fibaro z wave relay on and off which in turn activated the actuator ( though I broke one of the clips !! ) 

Pump is wired off S1 ( L1 and N ) . But when I enable an actuator ( actuator flashing led as it calibrates ) the pump doesn’t come on . It has to doesn’t it ???

E86DC341-B388-46A1-AE19-391E7C2FB3B6.jpeg

57B6584A-DCE8-4800-AB76-2F2C3E42332F.jpeg

8717CCFF-75B8-4C05-A6B8-6F713C0FFA93.jpeg

Assuming this all works correctly what things should I take into account to control the ufh .

All done via software .

Do I take the external temperature and use that to adjust the ufh ?

Perhaps use occupancy of a room to activate ufh ( though its slow to heat so not sure about this )

Any other suggestions to take into account ??

5A21F54E-4319-4A5A-A3D7-6BA74627AA69.jpeg

Just now, Gav_P said:

Do you have an in slab temp sensor? 

No 

I read up on this and thought it was a bit pointless . I’m just testing 1 zone at the moment , the bathroom . If has aeon multi sensors in it - so I can read the room temperature there .

Just now, pocster said:

No 

I read up on this and thought it was a bit pointless . I’m just testing 1 zone at the moment , the bathroom . If has aeon multi sensors in it - so I can read the room temperature there .

Fair enough.. you’ve far exceed my knowledge already, especially using the aeon thingy! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Fair enough.. you’ve far exceed my knowledge already, especially using the aeon thingy! 

That doesn’t mean I’m right !

The aeon multi sensors are z wave devices . Can measure movement , light , humidity , temp , vibration and 1 other thing ?

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

That doesn’t mean I’m right !

The aeon multi sensors are z wave devices . Can measure movement , light , humidity , temp , vibration and 1 other thing ?

image.jpg

Vibration!?? Does that activate your camera system by any chance? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pocster said:

What I’m saying is with zero power applied the actuator pin is in ; so if installed zone would be heated . So powering it closes the valve . So I’m heating all of upstairs apart from the bathroom???

DBE59880-2920-438D-87B7-5AEB1F03EC0C.jpeg

Strawberry flavoured?

19 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Have all the other zones got the caps screwed down (where the actuators will go)? If so this is opening all the loops isn’t it? Take the caps off and it will close the loops of I’m guessing. 

Not on site now . The caps are on but loose I.e pin is up - zones open 

So I guess I’m saying I need to power the zones for heating off ? - but shouldn’t the pump be off then ???