Snagging

12 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Oooo do we have a winner??!!

4 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

We did approach CaRT to discharge into the canal. They were not impressed and categorically would not give permission to discharge into the Llangollen!

Seems not.. pride comes before the fall and all that.

• Sad 1

I find it strange that it’s not been defined in any of the design specs, or the site plan or some such. 

The water is flying out the blue pipe, and are the bubbles there from some detergent or just from airation? Is it some sort of grey water soak away?  

27 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

The water is flying out the blue pipe, and are the bubbles there from some detergent or just from airation? Is it some sort of grey water soak away?  

No detergent or anything, it's definitely not coming from anything such as taps, sinks, washing machine etc as we tested it today. When we flushed one loo it didn't do anything either but I still think @PeterW and @SuperJohnG may be right. 

Hopefully all will be sorted over the next week along with lots of other things.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 23:27, canalsiderenovation said:

No detergent or anything, it's definitely not coming from anything such as taps, sinks, washing machine etc as we tested it today. When we flushed one loo it didn't do anything either but I still think @PeterW and @SuperJohnG may be right. 

Hopefully all will be sorted over the next week along with lots of other things.

From my recently acquired knowledge of such things, I’d concur with the assertion that it’s the pumped outlet from an STP. 

Looks thoroughly bodged together. 

Additionally it shouldn’t be in blue MDPE as that causes confusion with fresh water supplies  - you can get a black equivalent for non-potable applications. 

21 minutes ago, Randomusername said:

From my recently acquired knowledge of such things, I’d concur with the assertion that it’s the pumped outlet from an STP. 

Additionally it shouldn’t be in blue MDPE as that causes confusion with fresh water supplies  - you can get a black equivalent for non-potable applications. 

The builder is coming out today so we will raise.

2 hours ago, Randomusername said:

It is the pumped outlet from the STP. He didn't seem too concerned about it being blue and as the majority of this is buried over 2ft underground we are a bit stuck now anyway!

Edited by canalsiderenovation

12 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

It is the pumped outlet from the STP. He didn't seem too concerned about it being blue and as the majority of this is buried over 2ft underground we are a bit stuck now anyway!

Well he should be able at least to put a lid on the chamber.

How are the other snags?

10 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Well he should be able at least to put a lid on the chamber.

How are the other snags?

Yes that is easily resolved and the list of snags has been taken away and Thurs, Friday and Monday all will be resolved with plumber, drains/STP person, electrician all back on site. Went though everything and feel better now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I’m not at all surprised that they’re unconcerned, because that’s the sort of attitude that normally goes along with that sort of poor quality installation!

It’s one of the reasons that just leaving trades to get on with it terrifies me... what sort of issues will go undetected because they’re hidden away, and escaped oversight while in progress...

?

Has the MDPE pipe been properly sealed into the side of that chamber, or is it just pushed through a hole? Because that’s a much greater concern if so...

2 hours ago, Randomusername said:

Has the MDPE pipe been properly sealed into the side of that chamber, or is it just pushed through a hole? Because that’s a much greater concern if so...

It's as it is on that picture so does seem to be pushed through but it was one of the things that I raised too so I will speak to the STP/drains guy when he returns. Can you give me any specific pointers, e.g. what it should be like so I can talk to the drains/STP man later this week when he returns. I do feel like we are dismissed a little so it's really helpful if I can point out things and explain and understand why it's an issue rather than me just telling them it's an issue and they saying it isn't and me not understanding why! 

4 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

@Randomusername  why’s that. 

Its not amazing and could be done better, but what problem do you see with it. 

It'll potentially leach into the soil around that chamber rather than going to the treatment plant as it should I imagine. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

*from* the treatment plant surely?

Sorry, you're right. The blue comes from the plant, into that chamber, then onto the leach field as @PeterW suggested in the brown. 

So it shouldn't be able to leak at that chamber I guess.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Sorry, you're right. The blue comes from the plant, into that chamber, then onto the leach field as @PeterW suggested in the brown. 

So it shouldn't be able to leak at that chamber I guess.

Yes from the treatment plant, info the chamber then onto the leach field is correct.

What I need to get sorted is if it could be done better and it's not right what can be done to improve it? I can then tell them what I want putting right, any help appreciated!