Snagging

We are compiling a very long list of snags for our builder. We got in for Xmas but there are so many things still to sort ....

First off, I think this is linked to our waste water as it's at the opposite end of the house to our septic tank but I'm sure that it should firstly have some form of top, secondly that piping looks a mess to me as well and I'm not even sure it's the right piping.

Anyone know...

IMG-20201231-WA0007.thumb.jpg.367955fe7db6e228018f819c937dcd0c.jpg

31 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

There is nothing around, we have put a piece of wood over the top of it for now. Is that piping correct?

Not seen anything like that.  Is that water flowing out over the top of the brown pipe?  What's a blue mdpe water pipe doing connecting to a drain pipe?

Ask them to explain exactly what that is, and then to finish it.

1 minute ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Ok we are a little confused as although the initial picture has water flowing from the blue pipe we don't know where it is coming from and having tried all taps, showers etc in the house that doesn't seem to have any impact.

IMG_20210101_134336.thumb.jpg.48a8437aafa633d492f0b3d32858418c.jpg

ASHP drain? Is that the ASHP alongside the house?

Could it be...

The brown soil pipe is waste coming from the house. It goes down in that chamber then onto the septic tank.

The blue comes in (from the ASHP?) and should really drain into the brown but stops short. 

The black chamber is just for access.

Pure speculation.

21 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Could it be...

The brown soil pipe is waste coming from the house. It goes down in that chamber then onto the septic tank.

The blue comes in (from the ASHP?) and should really drain into the brown but stops short. 

The black chamber is just for access.

Pure speculation.

That first picture appears to have a fair bit of flow coming out of the blue pipe? More than you would expect to come from ASHP condensate?

God alone knows what is going on with this?‍♂️

6 hours ago, PeterW said:

I think it may be the pumped outflow from the sewage treatment plant , the brown will be the start of the leach field. 

I was thinking that. But had thought this was going to the sewage treatment plant. That would make sense (and could be the only logical answer!) That ita a pumped tank. 

14 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

I was thinking that. But had thought this was going to the sewage treatment plant. That would make sense (and could be the only logical answer!) That ita a pumped tank. 

6 hours ago, PeterW said:

I think it may be the pumped outflow from the sewage treatment plant , the brown will be the start of the leach field. 

You both could be right. The septic tank/sewage treatment plant is further up and is just before that connifer in the distance and is pumped.

On 01/01/2021 at 22:28, Gus Potter said:

Hats off to all.

Great "Columbo" work. Here is my go.

Could it be the sampling chamber before all discharges in to the "Canal"

Oooo do we have a winner??!!

On 01/01/2021 at 22:28, Gus Potter said:

Hats off to all.

Great "Columbo" work. Here is my go.

Could it be the sampling chamber before all discharges in to the "Canal"

We did approach CaRT to discharge into the canal. They were not impressed and categorically would not give permission to discharge into the Llangollen!