Butec please help

Taff

So we’ve received the tiles prior to crimbo they came with the recommended adhesive see pic. 

Ineed to crack on with the tiling as the A’s the cooker is being delivered early Jan. I’ve phoned our suppliers helpline however they are on their jollies.

our setup for the floors are block and beam with a screed downstairs with UFH. Upstairs are egger boards or similar over low profile UFH boards.

ive been sent 2 types am I right in thinking one flex is the product to use on the downstairs concrete floor, super flex s2 on wood upstairs. I’ve read instructions a few times and yep I’m so confused. Any help/guidance appreciated ?

60E3567B-F285-4172-AB48-F8167B1A74E8.thumb.jpeg.123e223f706d744e618ccd5baa9a31a5.jpeg

S1 tile adhesives are deformable and withstand deflection of more than 2.5mm and less than 5mm.

S2 tile adhesives are deformable and withstand deflection of more than 5mm.

Are you using a decoupling matt?

9 hours ago, wozza said:

S1 tile adhesives are deformable and withstand deflection of more than 2.5mm and less than 5mm.

S2 tile adhesives are deformable and withstand deflection of more than 5mm.

Are you using a decoupling matt?

Ooooo that’s technical, we chose not to put down a Matt, don’t ask me why! Just gotta pray now ? wonder if any one has put a Matt in one room and not in the other to see if there’s any changes.

9 minutes ago, Taff said:

Ooooo that’s technical, we chose not to put down a Matt, don’t ask me why! Just gotta pray now ? wonder if any one has put a Matt in one room and not in the other to see if there’s any changes.

We put a mat down throughout. Did not use expansion joints as it is slab only (not screed) and so far no problems

13 minutes ago, Taff said:

I haven’t purchased the primer just any recommendations?

Whatever the adhesive manufacturer recommends ..? They say Uniprim which you may struggle to find but looks remarkably like the Mapei Primer-G available in most areas. 

I’d be worried about tiling straight onto the Egger boards over the overlay UFH system as that’ll usually be running a higher flow temperature. 
I would either use a mat or overboard with a 4mm marine grade plywood glued ( PVA ) and screwed with screws on 120mm centre X & Y minimum. If the Superflex is 2-part then you may get away with it directly onto the deck boards. Are they 18mm or 22mm ?

6 hours ago, Pete said:

We put a mat down throughout. Did not use expansion joints as it is slab only (not screed) and so far no problems

Ours is a concrete slab than a screed of self levelling over the top 

6 hours ago, PeterW said:

Whatever the adhesive manufacturer recommends ..? They say Uniprim which you may struggle to find but looks remarkably like the Mapei Primer-G available in most areas. 

I’ll have a look at that thanks for the info

6 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

I’d be worried about tiling straight onto the Egger boards over the overlay UFH system as that’ll usually be running a higher flow temperature. 
I would either use a mat or overboard with a 4mm marine grade plywood glued ( PVA ) and screwed with screws on 120mm centre X & Y minimum. If the Superflex is 2-part then you may get away with it directly onto the deck boards. Are they 18mm or 22mm ?

Sorry I explained wrongly. The egger floor went down first as that was part of the sips. We then put low board 18mm down with the UFH installed. Then the 4mm ply went down screwed at the correct points. 

so from your advice I think we’ll mat upstairs over the ply, so would I need primer prior to placing the mat down?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Taff said:

so from your advice I think we’ll mat upstairs over the ply, so would I need primer prior to placing the mat down?

Yes - the primer is used to ensure a good bond - whether its tiles or matt you should use primer - its not that expensive and its easy to apply.

On 31/12/2020 at 16:02, Taff said:

Sorry I explained wrongly. The egger floor went down first as that was part of the sips. We then put low board 18mm down with the UFH installed. Then the 4mm ply went down screwed at the correct points. 

Were all the layers bonded to the sips / between layers? Eg no movement when you walk on the floor?  

Edited by Nickfromwales

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Were all the layers bonded to the sips / between layers? Eg no movement when you walk on the floor?  

Yep all tight the floor was part of the sips installation they wouldn’t erect the structure without it 

Yes it is glued and screwed there doesn’t seem to be any movement either. When the primer goes down how long should o leave it until I can start to tile. I’ve read the data sheet however, it doesn’t state wait times