The House that Sarah Beeny Built

Ferdinand

36 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

beeny-house-4.jpg.e9ebddf4d559e74617f6519adeeea156.jpg

Having checked - I was wrong. The piccies above do seem to be the finished thing.

The extension on the RHS is a garage, and I expect that the stone does have to dry out.

It is built in ICF with the sandstone as a cladding.

Think it was mentioned in the program that it is limestone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

beeny-house-4.jpg.e9ebddf4d559e74617f6519adeeea156.jpg

Having checked - I was wrong. The piccies above do seem to be the finished thing.

The extension on the RHS is a garage, and I expect that the stone does have to dry out.

It is built in ICF with the sandstone as a cladding.

Finished shell.  The shell did not get finished until late 2020 so I would be immensely impress if the interior was finished yet.

6 hours ago, DevilDamo said:

I think it’s setting really does spoilt it. Although I’m not massively against this style and design, it’s just cited in the wrong place. I’m sure once the landscaping has been completed along with any other elevational treatments, it will look better but not great. Completely agree with the bolt on timber clad extensions ?

I was trying to find examples of similar designs we were involved with at my previous company. Something ‘quite’ similar is attached but I suppose it does have a little more character.

4A01D165-FD77-4BBE-95B9-897D13415BD6.jpeg

Is that at wentworth 

i worked on a few in there and they had that sort of look. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DevilDamo said:

It sure is. My previous architectural practice was based in Ascot and we had several developments there.

I did a lot of work in there, @DevilDamo

the first time I went there I was only 24-25 and a bit of a newbie when it came to multi millionaire clients, I walked into this huge building being constructed and started talking to a chippy, I started gasping and saying how amazing it was, cor look at that, cor and that. 

He turned to me and looked me straight in the face and told me we where in the garage, the house hadn’t been started yet. ☺️☺️

I remember a place we worked on that they paid 12 million for and then knocked it down. 

Edited by Russell griffiths

Yes that sounds about right ?

When I first started with the company, I had a similar reaction to you as to the style and size of the properties there. After seeing them on a regular basis and being involved in the design process on a few, it became a little of the ‘same old, same old’. The designs were all quite similar but the rooms got bigger. I’ve never known to see so many different room names too. I was used to seeing Living, Dining, Study, Kitchen, Utility, Bedroom, En-suite and Bathroom. But then I started being introduced to Drawing, Library, Reading, Cleaner, Servant, Guest, Gym, Leisure, Game, MUSEUM!!! ?

6 hours ago, A_L said:

Hideous extensions. 'outstanding architectural merit'?  - pah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s got to be good for the rest of us though hasn’t it? We have some land in green belt which wouldn’t normally get PP, but if this has, then s73 is clearly easier than I thought! 

1 minute ago, Gav_P said:

It’s got to be good for the rest of us though hasn’t it? We have some land in green belt which wouldn’t normally get PP, but if this has, then s73 is clearly easier than I thought! 

Only that a S73 is a revised application of a previous you’d have to obtain full approval first. And development within the GB can be a lot more contentious than development within the Countryside.

26 minutes ago, DevilDamo said:

Only that a S73 is a revised application of a previous you’d have to obtain full approval first. And development within the GB can be a lot more contentious than development within the Countryside.

Ah I’m probably getting mixed up with a paragraph 55 application, which I guess this one had given it was in an AONB

28 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Ah I’m probably getting mixed up with a paragraph 55 application, which I guess this one had given it was in an AONB

Paragraph 55 is now Paragraph 79 ?. They should  have called it Appendix 1, then it wouldn't get changed every time the NPPF is redone.

Planning to do a short blog piece about the planning factors that aligned to get it through - a lot of them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Paragraph 55 is now Paragraph 79 ?. They should  have called it Appendix 1, then it wouldn't get changed every time the NPPF is redone.

Planning to do a short blog piece about the planning factors that aligned to get it through - a lot of them.

That would be really interesting... maybe a blueprint to others applying ?

15 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Is that at wentworth 

i worked on a few in there and they had that sort of look. 

Um.

To me that looks like a scale model of The Bishops Avenue, with a bit more space in between.

No likee.

But then much of gorgeous desirable Georgian London was poor quality thrown up speculator boxes, anyway.

• Like 1