Window Reveal

Do it right

I’m not a builder so will be getting someone to fix my problem.

I had triple glazed windows fitted pre lockdown.  However, I felt the noise level was worse than previously.  The installer said foam should have been fitted in gaps but when I removed the hardboard reveal, I saw there was nothing there. A local window fitter came and put some foam in but noise level is still bad.

what’s my best solution ?

what’s the best type of reveal?  Board or have it plastered?

17406E24-996C-4793-9359-9F0EA811A16D.jpeg

CE11A9D0-9B22-421C-8216-7F87142FD2D6.jpeg

Triple glazing isn’t the best solution for noise reduction, but it should be better than standard double glazing.

the frame of the window is also worth considering as a path for the noise.

there is little you can do for the above though aside from total replacement which as they are new isn’t really an option. Was this product recommended to you for this particular situation?

ensure that the opener does indeed achieve a proper seal, be 100% certain that around the frame is sealed. One trick I used to use when finding where a noise was coming from on cars was to use a piece of rubber pipe, one end in your ear and then use the other end to search for the noise. You may need to setup a source of continuous sound on the outside if the road isn’t busy to allow you to find it, and then take it from there

that view out of the window looks just like the woodhead pass in Yorkshire, if it is I can imagine just how noisy it is!

Edited by MikeGrahamT21