Start build next year

le-cerveau

We are currently in the detailed planning stages for the re-build next year, Planning Permission Granted.  I will, when I can work out how to create one, move the blog I started in ebuild and continue it.

Mine is not so much a self-build as it will be built by a contractor, but a custom build which is why I am putting so much effort into the planning.

Edited by le-cerveau

1 hour ago, le-cerveau said:

Mine is not so much a self-build as it will be built by a contractor, but a custom build which is why I am putting so much effort into the planning.

Welcome!

What you're doing is still considered a self-build by most definitions (including mine, since I only did about 5% of the actual work on our build).  Don't underestimate the amount of input you'll end up having, even going the main contractor route.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, le-cerveau said:

I have just updated my Blog posts with the actual .pdf's rather than links to ebuild (that still worked!)

That's a good point for others to note.  All attachments on ebuild are locked and inaccessible, so blogs or posts there that are read-only are hampered by not having photos and attachments accessible.  It makes for a fair bit of extra work in finding the original files and copying them somewhere secure and accessible (either hosted on here, or on a secure file server and linked here)