Banggood

Onoff

Just to  note my experience of buying from Banggood when the product is faulty.

This is to do btw, with some cheapo, waterproof solar lights I purchased, not the 18V recip saw. As for the lights...IP64 my ar$e! The internal soldering looked like it's been done by a 4 year old, no rubber seal in the back cover, dubious seal around the solar panel and LED array etc. Nothing probably 20 mins with some silicone and a soldering iron couldn't sort I imagine.

This then is the Chinglish first response they email when you contact them via the online form. Purportedly from people with very English sounding names:

First of all, could you please send us some photos and a video to show some details of the issue? The requirements are listed as follows. According to the Banggood warranty policy, we need some evidence to confirm the exact problem and we kindly ask you to help us offer it to avoid expiring the warranty.

1.In the photos, we could clearly see the product’s shipping label and SKU bar code, which stick on the package of the parcel and the product protecting bag.

2.In the video, we could clearly see the exact problem.

The bit in 1) is important as they ask for a pic of the shipping label and SKU bar code which is on the outside of the packaging...which you've thrown away. Or you have to keep back and delve through last week's black rubbish bag! . On the face of it that might seem an easy get out for them if you don't have the packaging but read on!

Also good luck trying to upload pics and videos on the site. I tried both from a local file and using the camera option on the online return form. The form went but the files wouldn't attach. Maybe a resolution issue? There is I think an option to link a YouTube video if you care to upload there. 

There's a reason the Chinese are taking over the world, us idiots buying the stuff and giving them the cash to do it! I will add I knew what I was getting into but as I don't get much excitement in my life, took a punt. The old adage, buy cheap, buy twice maybe!

Upshot is I explained I'd tried to attach photos to the online form but couldn't. I thus sent photos back to the email address they contacted me on and they offered a full refund on the duff light, all £5.22 of it. Can't really fault that I suppose. A few back and forths but hey ho.

20 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Lol. So in short. You asked for a refund and got one. Stop the press! ?

More that Chinese sellers often get a bad rap. I've generally only had positive experiences. Banggood seem alright once you navigate the language barrier.

It must be Christmas! I accepted Banggood's offer of a 25% refund as one of the four solar lanterns doesn't work. I wake up this morning to find a message that they're refunding the whole £22.36 I paid for all four.

The cynic in me says the lights probably cost less than a Pound each to make anyway and it's a cunning ploy for some free advertising!