My mate is an ex health and safety officer and he is a complete PITA, I love to wind him up because as an ex mountaineer and climber when on site I am always bounding around at height with no protection?

30 minutes ago, joe90 said:

My mate is an ex health and safety officer and he is a complete PITA, I love to wind him up because as an ex mountaineer and climber when on site I am always bounding around at height with no protection?

Try having a brother, with whom you've never really got on, as a local council HS&E officer.........................

This is the same brother, who, when doing a new build wiring job around 30 years ago, went around testing to see whether circuits were live by poking his finger on the line connection.  By some fluke he has a very high body resistance, or perhaps just a high skin resistance, which means he can feel 240V but doesn't get a shock from it.

10 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Local council and HS&E officer,   What a combination!, with regard his inability to be shocked perhaps he is just thick skinned ?.

A dire combination indeed. It's also my belief that his skin is thicker than that of a rhinoceros - it may be why mine is a bit thin at times, he got the lion's share from our parents.................

41 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Yes, but he is a gibbering wreck.

No - he is a satirist :-).

Flagged as humour ... just in case.

H&S people do have excellent senses of humour, as long as the basic message is treated seriously. They have a Snopes style debunking website.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/myth-busting/index.htm

Edited by Ferdinand

• 3 months later...