My ASHP, UFH, and how to use them

Roz

2 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

See if there is an electrical isolator on the immersion.

Failing that, turn all the stuff off in the house and see how fast the meter us running.

20 minutes should be about 1 kWh.

I'm not there right now but yesterday my energy account says the house used 1.16kwh, with nothing on except the standby of these displays for the heatng. That was between 6pm and midnight

2 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

That is about 200W.

Hard to tell remotely.

Circulation pump maybe.

Just that it sounds similar to my cylinder when it is heating up.

Yeah definitely sounds like a 'doing something' noise. I just would be surprised if I happened to be there each time it was doing a legionairres cycle!

1 minute ago, SteamyTea said:

Does seem odd.

Worth checking the controller if it is the immersion.

The legionella issue is so over rated.

If it's  the immersion would it need to move water? It definitely sounds like water moving through/into the tank

I would ask the installer to come back.

If it’s a RHI install the installer also has ticked a box to advise they have instructed you on the operation.

best to get it resolved while the install is fresh, warranty, defect period etc otherwise may end up like another saga elsewhere on this forum

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TonyT said:

I would ask the installer to come back.

If it’s a RHI install the installer also has ticked a box to advise they have instructed you on the operation.

best to get it resolved while the install is fresh, warranty, defect period etc otherwise may end up like another saga elsewhere on this forum

It's not RHI but I will  give him a call tomorrow and see if he can pop by or advise!

• Like 1

So I went and investigated again today and realised the ASHP is on too (I hadnt noticed as it's so quiet),  and some of the pipes into the tank are warm - the tank itself doesnt feel warm. I asked the plumber and he said it could be an anti freeze thing but the weather is quite a lot warmer than it has been (and we're in cornwall).

He said he wasn't sure and to call Grant technical ?‍♀️