What’s the alternative

• 2 months later...

So as an update to this saga, after seeking legal advice I was told since I’d gone through the arbitration process I had to allow the installer to come back and sort out his non conformancies and only then would I be able to do anything more about it if it still didn’t heat the house. 
he came back 10 days ago and “installed “ the air intake duct. I am writing this in inverted commas because he tried to say when he accessed the loft the duct was sitting waiting to be put through the soffit, I did ask him how he had expected it to make its way out as by the time he “left “ it there no work was taking place in the area and no one was ever going to find it, he also hadn’t brought it down anywhere near the stove, I know he is once again lying about this as I had someone working outside that day who saw him bringing the ducting out of his van , no matter we know the man is a compulsive liar so weren’t expecting anything else. So the duct is attached to a vent tile on the roof, comes down through the loft area and enters the chamber that the stove is built into, enters as in we can see it in the ceiling of the chamber, it doesn’t come down and attach to the stove, we don’t think this is correct!

when hetas were out originally they were looking for it to be attached to the stove!,

we expected it would be probably late November before we could really see if this had made a difference to the heat supply from the boiler ( arbitrator stated that only if after the work was done it still didn’t heat the house we would be due a refund) but we didn’t need to wait that long, we turned on the ufh downstairs and just let it gently heat up for a few days, it wasn’t cold outside but the slab obviously hadn’t been heated for a while so we started at 16degrees and gradually turned the stats up to 18 in bedrooms downstairs and 19 in public rooms. We got up on Sunday morning to find a few zones calling for heat , the stove nearly out of pellets and the tank sitting at 29 degrees top and bottom, not warm enough for a shower, looking at my app for electricity usage it appears that the boiler kicked in at around 5 am and it burned continuously until 1pm, this was the time it took to get the downstairs rooms up to 18 and 19 degrees ( and they weren’t that far below this to start with)and get the tank up to its required temperature, AND this was without even trying to put on the radiators upstairs or take a shower!

Hetas are due to visit next week to check out the work done but surely the air intake duct should have been attached to the boiler??

1 minute ago, Declan52 said:

My air intake duct is a 50mm pipe that goes through both block walls and the cavity and then actually connects onto the back of the stove.

If he was sent out to connect the duct why did he not actually connect it up???

Thanks @Declan52 this confirms what we were suspecting, we just discovered this last night, I suspect it was going to be too much bother to gain access into the chamber to attach it to the stove, I am also of the opinion that he well knows that it’s still not going to heat the house as it should, I believe he’s unaware that Hetas are coming back out for a look at the work, he has sent them pictures of the work he’s done and I suspect he thinks this will suffice,