CCTV recommendations

Oz07

Could people please recommend me a cctv system?

My ideal requirements/situation is as follows.

• I have a detached garage which has power. I would like to fix one camera on the outside of the garage and use the internal power (plug or spur).
  • I would like it to save up to a month of so of recording then write over the footage at a image decent quality
  • Live streaming is not essential, it's more for after an event rather than constant monitoring however if it comes with wifi/bluetooth for similar price I wouldn't say no.

Sorry to be lazy and not use the search function but if you could all throw some names/brands/model recommendations at me it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't comment on hive, however I bought eufyCam 2C and I'm disappointed. The camera seems to be using a separate sensor (PIR?) to detect motion to save energy for the main video chip. The result is that each video of passing person begins half way throught the field of view (5 seconds late) and with another 3 seconds of adjusting brightness and white balance. On rainy days though that trigger sensor seems to go blind, making the system useless. Also I seem to be getting more alerts when it is dark, than during the day, which makes me suspicious that the stronger the ambient light, the weaker the capability of the supporting sensor - and this camera is located on the northern wall, I don't want to think what would happen with the Sun shining directly. I test it twice a day when doing school run and based on the results one would think my children absence rate is 50%. So in essence it gives false sense of security.

So whatever the make, definitely keep it wired!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2020 at 20:02, Olf said:

I can't comment on hive, however I bought eufyCam 2C and I'm disappointed. The camera seems to be using a separate sensor (PIR?) to detect motion to save energy for the main video chip. The result is that each video of passing person begins half way throught the field of view (5 seconds late) and with another 3 seconds of adjusting brightness and white balance. On rainy days though that trigger sensor seems to go blind, making the system useless. Also I seem to be getting more alerts when it is dark, than during the day, which makes me suspicious that the stronger the ambient light, the weaker the capability of the supporting sensor - and this camera is located on the northern wall, I don't want to think what would happen with the Sun shining directly. I test it twice a day when doing school run and based on the results one would think my children absence rate is 50%. So in essence it gives false sense of security.

So whatever the make, definitely keep it wired!

My new Reolink is exactly the same. A single droplet of rain at nighttime or a passing car headlight sets it off, even with sensitivity set to minimum.  The other one I have is a slightly different model and works absolutely perfectly.