A qualified plumber..

canalsiderenovation

Quookers use a lot of flex pipes in their connections.

https://www.quooker.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/i/n/installation_guide_combi_e_uk.pdf

This is a link to the Quooker combi installation instructions.

If you look at P16, picture 3, I think that bolt in the top of the copper pipe is the one shown on the top of the mixer valve in the picture, it doesn't seem to connect to anything. Is that pipe actually connected to anything at the other end or is it being used as a strange support for the mixer valve? If it was an actual connection, water would gush out.

So the leak is probably somewhere else and you still need them to come fix it, but hopefully the manual helps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Zoom out on the pic

that looks like it’s jammed in to hold it in place not a water supply. 

Got to agree, the nut is probably a bung - could be leaking if its loose. Either way, the installation does look shabby.

Not sure on what the cause of the leak is/was. Went last night to find now the pull out hose won't work on the Quooker tap because everything is jammed in and something was wedged.

Our builder just queried the set up on the pic with the plumber who muttered something about it supporting pipework as it's too heavy.

He is currently having a tantrum over our large sink in the utility (the one you recommended @PeterWbecause 'its Chinese') and the Grohe pull out tap because it's not a normal one. 

The flipper panel he has fitted on the shower isn't right but he has 'lost the instructions' so can't put it right and I'm sure this isn't correct..

IMG-20201216-WA0016.thumb.jpg.2f07c397cabbb1bc88c3dd19eded6f5c.jpg

IMG-20201216-WA0014.thumb.jpg.35722787c5a480cb67eedc3b92dd629d.jpg

I feel like sacking him off, getting my dad to fit the utility tap and taking everything Quooker related out and watching YouTube to sort it myself. I've sent him instructions and diagrams and it's still not sorted.

Edited by canalsiderenovation

25 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I feel like sacking him off, getting my dad to fit the utility tap and taking everything Quooker related out and watching YouTube to sort it myself.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Looking at images on Google and the diagram you showed - the inlet combination valve is often joined to a copper pipe. May be your photo angle, but does yours tee off with a flexi, hence no stability and it requiring propping?

Also found reference to the valves leaking:

https://quooker.ae/most-frequent-questions/the-inlet-combination-pressure-release-valve-is-releasing-water

May not be your issue, but worth a mention.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dangti6 said:

Looking at images on Google and the diagram you showed - the inlet combination valve is often joined to a copper pipe. May be your photo angle, but does yours tee off with a flexi, hence no stability and it requiring propping?

I'll ask the plumber. There was a little dig at us when I tried to discuss the tap "I've only ever fitted new ones" (because our kitchen and tap was ex display). I mean what difference this makes I've no idea.... 

13 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I'll ask the plumber. There was a little dig at us when I tried to discuss the tap "I've only ever fitted new ones" (because our kitchen and tap was ex display). I mean what difference this makes I've no idea.... 

It's new to you.

• Haha 1

I'm just so angry today, amongst the things the plumber did actually do yesterday he was sealing toilet in ensuite yesterday and was the only person in the ensuite, no one else is in this section of the house so we know it's him. He managed to chip our Roper Rhodes cabinet (conveniently forgot to mention) and look at that panel, edge is sticking out and bottom is pushed in. Am I being dramatic?

He's not showed up today either. It seems everything he has touched he has either not been able to do, bodged it, not done it properly or damaged it. If he's complained we have bought replacement items but I'm seriously at the end of my tether with him.

IMG_20201217_144807.thumb.jpg.520f882c5532c6e462c736a4160ad7c1.jpg

IMG_20201217_144737.thumb.jpg.94b971c1f64acbf01a0a7c73c90a6757.jpg

9 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I'm just so angry today,

11 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

He managed to chip our Roper Rhodes cabinet (conveniently forgot to mention)

breath deeply, count to ten!

10 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Am I being dramatic?

NO,  you need to point it out to him that it is not right (like the tap!), give him the chance to put it right and if he cannot, you will get it done BY A  PROFESSIONAL and send him the bill. Don’t pay him till you are satisfied by everything.

The "issue" he found is toilets are not precision engineered, and in this case the back is not exactly 90 degrees to the bottom.  He needed to get the cabinet panel correct and seal the varying width gap.  No doubt he will blame the imperfect toilet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

The "issue" he found is toilets are not precision engineered, and in this case the back is not exactly 90 degrees to the bottom.  He needed to get the cabinet panel correct and seal the varying width gap.  No doubt he will blame the imperfect toilet.

He's back tomorrow he just rung me now and I've gone through a list. What bugs me is I know the chip wasn't there on Tuesday night as I was on my hands and knees next to it cleaning the loo and by Wednesday tea time it was chipped and he was the only tradesman in there.

I told him I'm not happy. @ProDave is there something in particular I need to ask him to do in relation to the toilet/cabinet?

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

The "issue" he found is toilets are not precision engineered, ... the back is not exactly 90 degrees to the bottom....

Dave - why are you writing sentences like that?  Betcha it'll be less than an hour before @TestUserDoNotDeletePlease gets his teeth into it..... 

Edited by ToughButterCup