Liquid Screed Recommendations

revelation

We are almost ready to have our screed put down.  The plan is to have our insulation and UFH pipe work installed then have 50mm of liquid screed, there seems to be a number of different types of products available on the market.  I have heard some people say they're brilliant, but I have had a friend that has had it put into to two different properties and it has cracked fairly badly.

Which I definitely want to avoid, so I was looking for a recommendation for the best product to use for my screed.

Thanks in advance

I went with cemfloor, it's a bit more money, but doesn't need the latance removal that gypsum does.

It also will tolerate thinner thicknesses and can be force dried if you need to.

Mine has been down six months, no floorings on top yet. We have one crack in a room that will be carpeted but I think this is the area that was poured first, on the day the lads had trouble with the screed pump and overlooked discarding the priming water, which then made that room a bit wetter than it should have been.

The main area (5x10m) that will be tiled is pretty much perfect, which was my main concern.

We also had Cemfloor.

The screed installer put expansion strips (low density foam) across the doorways and he also pointed out that it might crack in two places - it cracked in one of them, he advised that hairline cracks are nowt to worry about but could be filled if wanted. 

Our UFH heating is working well, and the floor was nice and flat. We laid Ditra matting before the tiles.

3 hours ago, JFDIY said:

I went with cemfloor, it's a bit more money, but doesn't need the latance removal that gypsum does.

It also will tolerate thinner thicknesses and can be force dried if you need to.

Mine has been down six months, no floorings on top yet. We have one crack in a room that will be carpeted but I think this is the area that was poured first, on the day the lads had trouble with the screed pump and overlooked discarding the priming water, which then made that room a bit wetter than it should have been.

The main area (5x10m) that will be tiled is pretty much perfect, which was my main concern.

no laitance with our gypsum?