The lack of suspense is killing me (well, nearly)

ToughButterCup

We've been given an early Christmas present of a light for our atrium (well, hallway). There's a 3 meter drop from ceiling apex to where we want the light to be placed. 

But the light has a solid tube connecting the ceiling fitting to the top of the light - it's about 500mm long. We need to replace that solid fitting with some sort of suspension system.  Looking online there's masses of stuff that might do the job: too much to filter through. So I thought I'd ask you all - what have you used to suspend lights below a high ceiling level?

Ideally, we'd like to hide the 1.5mm supply cable in the suspension system - and of course it would be brilliant if that system were as invisible as possible. Typical - I want the impossible.

I can pop a good length of 2mm dia stainless 7x7 wire rope in the post and some copper ferrules like this:

IMG_20201215_112946247.thumb.jpg.e20f5947507971a916f1c3f9e0d9f883.jpg

Really you need a proper crimping tool but I can't post that! You can achieve a good enough crimp using electrical crimp tool or mole grips and a pop rivet shaft for the light loads I imagine you're taking about.

It'll be a good test of your air tightness if it sways in the breeze! ?