Down pipe into top of gully or BIGT?

cwr

Just wondering on what other other peoples opinion's are on this one.

I'd originally intended to bring the down pipes straight into the ground and into the back of a back inlet gully, and have a leaf trap/mesh in the gutters.  Looks neat, but I'm now wondering if a more conventional discharge into the gully grid is better and no leaf trap in the gutter, on the basis that its much easier to clear a leaf blockage at ground level. There are quite a few mature beach and sycamore trees around our site so plenty of leaves being blown around in the autumn.

Or am i over thinking things as usual....?

Our down pipes go straight into 110mm vertical drain pipe at ground level with a rubber boot seal/adaptor.

No leaf traps anywhere and lots of trees. Get a lot of leaves in the gutters but the drains seem to cope with any that go down.

Do the hedgehogs save you having to clean out the gutters or make it easier/harder?

15 minutes ago, Temp said:

Do the hedgehogs save you having to clean out the gutters or make it easier/harder?

Keep 80-90% out of the gutters and when they do need a quick clean it’s just pull the hedgehog out and give it a rinse with the hose and push it back in.