Rainclear galvanised guttering

Olly P

Has anyone had any experience with Rainclear guttering? I initially wanted Lindab but it seems that lead times are weeks and also Rain Clear stuff looks almost identical but cheaper. In fact around the same price as plastic! 

https://www.rainclear.co.uk/guttering/galvanised-steel-gutters/guttering-fittings.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAh4j-BRCsARIsAGeV12AiR9rLsFDortdXEzDYTFVd5J1DW3XhqApECD-HqZOVM7rDnFBmQocaAhLhEALw_wcB

It's Zambelli by the looks of it (logo is on the hopper), and yes, I installed it.  I got it from Drain Depot, who were cheapest at the time, so if you've got a shopping list I'd punt it out to both and see if you can squeeze a bit more cost out!  I'm impressed with the system; easy to cut to size and put together, looks and feels robust, and often admired by visitors.

Took a pic earlier in the year when the sun was throwing interesting shadows on the cladding; 20200505_193810.thumb.jpg.1c3d57dcbd7aed0350b0142e5de82014.jpgit had been up 3 and a half years at that point.

• Like 2

Thanks!  Wrap-around; easy enough to fit with a hacksaw and a pair of tin snips, (and it doesn't matter if the hole you cut in the gutter is a bit rough, 'cos the outlet covers it ?). I put the gutter in position first, then dropped a plumb line down to the where the underground drainage came up; mark and fit!  If you Google 'youtube zambelli' you should find some 'how to' stuff.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Olly P said:

How on earth do I work out what size guttering i need?! There is 3 different sizes 115mm 125mm 150mm 

Our roof size is around 380sqm dormer bungalow. Around 450sqm floor space inside.

There is a BS calculation to the flow rate from a roof. You then use that to work out the litres/second and then the number of down pipes. 

Unless it’s a small building, 125mm deep flow or  150mm If you don’t have many downpipes

Decent guide here 

Edited by PeterW
Added link
  • Thanks 1