In praise of three companies I love to hate.

ToughButterCup

Google, Geberit and Amazon.

Our plumber walked off site with the wall anchors for our DuoFix Sigma frame. 

Easy thing to do at the end of a hard day's asking me how this that and the other should be fitted - when, learning form last time - I'd put together in a single folder all the Geberit product instructions and diagrams - laminated and easy to access. And references to  the key YT vidoes that they produce for the Sigma. I'd even loaded the important video onto my tablet and shown it to him, left it in the bathroom. All he had to do was tap the screen once to open the screen and once again to start the video.

Ringing to get him back to give me the part (if he could even find it)  would have taken longer than this .....

Geberituk website > services > spare parts > product catalogues > installation and flushing > duofix > frames > accessories > wall anchors > part number

Copy, paste  the part number into google : available in France, Germany, Netherlands and Amazon.

Next day delivery (Saturday).

As it happens, the plumber says he will be here on Monday of next week (really?) . Won't be an issue then because I will have fitted it. I don't want it lost again.

Just for the Hell of it, I'll ask him where the wall anchor is ........... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pleased rather than depressed,  despite your traumatic experience at the hands of a plumber - you seem to have suffered a similar fate - that you have  taken sensible precautions ..........

Is this where I depress you in return?

My cash was not locked up in a wall anchor until a few minutes ago.

• Haha 1

Just now, PeterW said:

Think mine were from Geberit FoC... which reminds me, I have a Sigma plate in black going begging if anyone wants it ... @Onoff..??

Thanks for thinking of me but my stuff is Kappa UP200. Pretty sure they're not compatible. I've 3 frames and 2 plates here, just the one frame and plate fitted.

Off I go now to look for a cheap Kappa plate whilst I think of it! 

I ordered a new Pixelbook from the Google store last Sunday evening, standard (free) delivery, and it was delivered to my sister in-law just after midday Monday.

To her farm, rural Devon.

Honestly I have no idea how logistics for these co.s run so fast these days.