Rationel Quote - Is this crazy

SteveMack

I think I know the answer to my own question.

Ral8017 outer, Ral9010 inner, Auraplus AluClad timber.

1 x 2.3m x 3.4m slider.

1 x 1.6m x 1.6m fixed window

3 x 1.8m x 1.1m guided casement

All in 3G with laminate for additional security due to open location.

£14500 fitted.  I almost spat my drink out when it came through compared to other prices I've seen on here for full houses (albeit supply only)

It is quite a small order relative to a whole house and so I am not clear how that impacts the price.

I would guess that 5-600 a square metre fitted might be more the range for this size of order and with the slider being a large part of it - You have 16.3sq metres there so £8500-10000 maybe.

It is easier for others to comment on price if you  give an amount per square metre for supply and and amount for fitting.  Also handy to quote the average u value.

Anyway, Rationel have a dealership model, so you could try another dealer.

we found window/door pricing a bit strange tbh, and some companies that some found cheap we found really expensive and vice-versa. for example, for us Rationel were one of the most expensive quotes compared to others but many on here have found Rationel inexpensive. 

I think with windows and doors it's just a question of getting quotes from many different manufacturers and do your best to compare like for like. which, in itself, is easier said than done!

best of luck.

We purchased our windows supply only So no idea what the fitting price would be However we ordered our bifolds from a separate company who also included a fitting price Which was £1700 For something that took myself and my trusty helper 3 hours to fit 

You could always go the supply route and pay your joiner a couple of hundred per day and get a far better job than what the window fitters would do 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nod said:

We purchased our windows supply only So no idea what the fitting price would be However we ordered our bifolds from a separate company who also included a fitting price Which was £1700 For something that took myself and my trusty helper 3 hours to fit 

You could always go the supply route and pay your joiner a couple of hundred per day and get a far better job than what the window fitters would do 

Funny thing is, they won't do supply only, yet they claim to be the North Wests Rationel distributor on their website.  Fyi, I'm only down the road from you in Ormskirk.  I don't suppose you know any other companies local to us who do AluClad?

Are the prices people are quoting on here zero Vat rated prices?  We're a large extend project but hence not vat free :(

16 minutes ago, SteveMack said:

Funny thing is, they won't do supply only, yet they claim to be the North Wests Rationel distributor on their website.  Fyi, I'm only down the road from you in Ormskirk.  I don't suppose you know any other companies local to us who do AluClad?

Are the prices people are quoting on here zero Vat rated prices?  We're a large extend project but hence not vat free :(

I don’t I had to use all sash 

I rarely come across window fitters that are neat The price they get paid is a fraction of what the customer pays 

Its not exactly a trade fitting windows As it’s so easy to fit to new buildings Especially TF 

You will also find that most of the high end kitchen companies are not keen on supply only either 

6 hours ago, SteveMack said:

I think I know the answer to my own question.

Ral8017 outer, Ral9010 inner, Auraplus AluClad timber.

1 x 2.3m x 3.4m slider.

1 x 1.6m x 1.6m fixed window

3 x 1.8m x 1.1m guided casement

All in 3G with laminate for additional security due to open location.

£14500 fitted.  I almost spat my drink out when it came through compared to other prices I've seen on here for full houses (albeit supply only)

I was £15-16k for 23 windows and front/back door.  Windows same product as you, but supply only no VAT. That included 

several fixed panels, six 2.1x.0.9 window doors,  5 full height windows for upstairs.  No big sliders though.  

It will take a team of people to fit them though, they are very heavy windows.

I’ll pm you my quote Steve

Edited by Bozza
  • Thanks 1