1200 Shower Door

Looking for a door for our shower. I did have one but I made a mistake and got a frameless bifold one with a left hinge and it should have been right hinged (so unfortunately the door isn't suitable as it will open onto the shower).

We don't want a sliding door.

I'm struggling to now find one that's 1200. Any recommendations please?

IMG-20201202-WA0056.thumb.jpg.8413b80bc2a324a85d396075a26790da.jpg

Edited by canalsiderenovation

I've got a hinged one it's mode. Cheap but effective. A few compromises. Firstly the door is not as wide as I would like. Chrome bar to brace pivot point at top. The magnetic latch is crap if inbetween tiles both sides. Has to be fitted micrometre perfect because 2 square edges. I previously had a corner one which had two mitred magnetic strips

Can you turn it upside down? Does that work or do I need another coffee?

Failing that most good glass merchants can make shower doors to fit any opening you have at a price. Measure carefully though.

8 minutes ago, Temp said:

Ah I think the hole for the door knob will be wrong height if you turn it upside down. 

It's in the middle - it's a Kermi Liga one and specifically says left hinge. There is a guy selling some on eBay but they are 2000mm in height which is taller than the one we have purchased. We have the ceiling height so I guess we could just get this, I mean as long as the glass isn't touching the ceiling I don't care how high it is!

Our shower is in a recess/alcove and there are three sides. If we went for a 400 or 500 walk in fixed panel but with a 300 flipper (so we can fold it in) would this give enough room for entry?

This is not our main shower, we have an ensuite with a 1600 tray and walk in screen.

Edited by canalsiderenovation

I've had a revelation tonight. I took the magnet trim off the leading edge of the door and flipped it round. OH MY GOD what a difference. The magnet has a slight bevel or tapered edge to one side and I had it the wrong way round. Closes sweet as a nut now!

Thanks to this thread for making me think! 

20201203_185204.jpg

• Like 4