We are in.

Thanks very much everyone.  

One thing is very clear,  the chances of us having achieved this without buildhub.org.uk is close to zero. If we had tried on our own, our bank balance would have been even emptier.

There's something very empowering about knowing that,  sometimes within minutes,  you can have informed opinions delivered straight to your laptop. When the soft and smelly hit the fan we were immediately supported with sensible advice and good wishes, as well as reassuring stories of similar calamity. 

A virtual group we may be. But the support experienced is very real. Very personal. And very C19 - safe. 

Thanks everyone.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

... as I’m walking across those joists I often picture you stuck in the gap and feel all warm inside.   Oh my life is pointless now. ?

Just a little bit of Schadenfreude  now and then is delicious innit?  You'd 'a loved it if my underpants had come off at the same time wouldn't cha, eh? But they didn't. So there.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

VAT return beckons 

You and I will be treading that path together.

I plan to submit mine in early January, but I want to try and contact them first to make sure they are at least open in some form to receive applications.  I don't want it posted and then sitting unopened in an empty office for months.