We are in.

inAtLast.jpg.bdd55b377bc1447562c51cd5211b1e7a.jpg

Over the last four years or so, we have had our fair share of ups and downs.

But this is an up. And now,  GCNs are very welcome.

From a twinkle in our eyes in the little local-stone built cottage (to the left of the photo) to a contemporary orange (coloured) box... which will be silvery grey in a while. Like my receding hair. Lots more to do, but hey!

SWMBO reminds me we started when POTUS was being sworn-in , and just moved in by the time he had been sworn at long enough to be kicked out. Is there a lesson there? Probably not.?

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Congratulations.

How near are you to completion? Lots to do or nearly there?

Thanks Dave.

Rendering to do on the west face front needs cladding too - but we now have a magician plasterer and a good chippy - but they are ragged raw with too many customers, MVHR second fix early next year - so  spring 2021 ish ?

22 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

congratulations! it looks great. as a relatively new member here I've not been around for your entire journey but I have read many of your threads and have enjoyed reading about the journey.

enjoy!

Thanks. I post the difficult stuff partly to help write it out of my system and focus on the future, but also to encourage others. I have not lost my loathing of east winds yet

@jack, I need to learn to be a bit more pleased with our progress: I look at the niggles all the damn time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

@jack, I need to learn to be a bit more pleased with our progress: I look at the niggles all the damn time. 

We've been in five years next month and I still see the flaws and challenges virtually every day I live here, although I worry about them less as time goes by.