Jeremy Harris' Blog

DInwood

Hi there,

Can anyone point me in the direction of Jeremy's blog as I'm getting error messages from mayfly.eu.  I read him a lot earlier in the year but now I need more details of his systems I can find him!  Jeremy, if you are reading this, thanks for being such an inspiration!

You can still see it in the Wayback machine (not sure if it’s there in its entirety). If you find what you are looking for I suggest you save the details you need. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20200923193339/http://www.mayfly.eu/

I’ve no idea why Jeremy and the blog have disappeared in truth. 

18 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

About time, someone that lives nearby, drove past his place

That's something I had considered doing but I'm pleased to say that I stopped myself, I'll keep an eye out for the Tesla though as that's a little less "stalky". Mind you, if I spot it/him, I won't be flagging him down to interrogate him! 

It would appear that he actively removed himself from this forum for reasons best known to himself but as @Russell griffiths said "somebody must have peed him off". Did his disappearance coincide with the Buildhub blackout in the middle of this year? 

It is a massive shame because he was an absolute inspiration. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joe90 said:

Rumour has it he is present on the Tesla forum (but no proof).

As I said on the "Mr Harris" thread":

Jeremy from memory speaks Gaelic and "glan gluaisne" translates to clean motion. I'd say it's him.

That and I think someone calls @glan gluaisne "Jeremy" on the Tesla forum. 

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

As I said on the "Mr Harris" thread":

Jeremy from memory speaks Gaelic and "glan gluaisne" translates to clean motion. I'd say it's him.

That and I think someone calls @glan gluaisne "Jeremy" on the Tesla forum. 

Yes if you search Jeremy Harris on the Tesla forum his posts come up then the name changes although as you say someone still calls him Jeremy 

I'm man enough I hope to admit I was at times less than generous towards Jeremy in private comments to other members. I like to feel I got over that. I think I took his drive, passion and tenacity as arrogance. Chuck in a bit of jealousy maybe at his breadth of knowledge. Less a case of him being "one of those people who's always right", bottom line he generally was! ?

I miss him. Best Christmas pressie Buildhub could have is if he makes an appearance. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have not been here for anything like as long as others but, tbo i thought he liked to think he was smarter than everybody else, and when challenged he would try and twist what people said to make them look bad, and him good. Im sure he was a smart chap, but defo liked to think he knew more than anybody else, and didn;t like being confronted.

13 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

I have not been here for anything like as long as others but, tbo i thought he liked to think he was smarter than everybody else, and when challenged he would try and twist what people said to make them look bad, and him good. Im sure he was a smart chap, but defo liked to think he knew more than anybody else, and didn;t like being confronted.

I loved Jeremy's posts and learnt as much from reading his thoughts here than I did from anyone anywhere, but yes he did struggle to let any disagreement lie and I'm sure randall munroe must know him personally... 

image.png.bf79ef429177db3da5c46c0df8326a18.png

Edited by joth
  • Haha 1