18 volt multi tool, do they have enough sustained oomph?

epsilonGreedy

I am inclined to buy a 240v multi tool on the assumption if I need to hack, shave or sand something down, the process might take time. Could battery capacity been a limiting factor?

Unlike a cordless driver I don't imagine I will be hopping here and there enough with a multi tool to benefit from cordless mobility.

I think the cordless will be fine, I opted for a dewalt corded version which has a really long cable. I was trying to get as much tool as I could for the cash I had and did not really need the cordless version as I have power wherever it’s needed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CC45 said:

dewalt multitool and a 4ah battery does a good job for me.  I would buy a sander if thats what you want to do rather than use the multitool.

Chippy mate is a DeWalt fan and swears by his cordless multitool. 

Mikita 18v here, and I barter the shit out of it. Just decide if your routinely cutting and chopping out, or sanding / detailing. If the latter, buy the Fein, it’s nice for duration use, very balanced and comfortable eg less user fatigue. 

1 hour ago, CC45 said:

I would buy a sander if thats what you want to do rather than use the multitool.

Amen. 

Edited by Nickfromwales

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

Dewalt XR battery anything less is just shame full . Most Android users / abusers go for makita because they like/have simple tools .

So what should an iPhone user who runs Windows on his two Apple Powerbook laptops and who dislikes Google's political censorship buy? Ryobi?

I treated myself to a set of cordless tools a few months back, Screwfix own make Erbauer.  I'm really pleased with them including the multitool. All are brushless with inter changeable batteries, including 5 amp batteries which do last a long time.

So somewhat cheaper than dewalt etc. but works very well

• Like 1