Leak or something else ?

Pocster

My tenant just sent me this photo . This wall is to the left of her window . There is a loft room above her with ensuite - so I would assume an issue there . But the specked pattern confuses me - doesn’t seem like a ‘normal ‘ leak ...

62C46699-4928-49C2-8C27-AF1FAFEE90F8.jpeg

Edited by pocster

3 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Mould, damp, cold?, what’s the wall construction?

Just cavity wall . Never happened before . House has 1 Covid positive tenant - so I can only do a basic look tomorrow. Wondering ( as everyone is in their room ) if condensation from lack of airing the room .

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

Wondering ( as everyone is in their room ) if condensation from lack of airing the room .

That was my first thought, I have seen similar before, one customer had mold growing in corners (coldest part of wall) and admitted his wife dried all the washing indoors and would not open the windows cus it was cold!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Temp said:

Does the tennant normally have a wardrobe in that corner? Sometimes that can cause the wall to be colder due to stagnant air and condensation forms. 

No . But I have seen that before . Air gets ‘stuck’ almost in a corner . What’s the best eBay type dehumidifier / condensation absorber I can buy her ? ( I’m kind like that ) .

People are spending a lot more time indoors this year and as it’s winter condensation is the obvious one, a good dehumidifier would be the best quick fix, if not then put a temp / humidity sensor in so that the tenant can report back on relative humidity. I except it will be high with the tenants encamped in there rooms all day and night. 

• Like 1