Tap bits missing help!

canalsiderenovation

Downside of our ex display bathroom is that the plumber has discovered some bits missing. First off the Ropher Rhodes tap. I'm not entirely sure what's missing can anyone help from these pics to identify what it is I'm missing.

IMG_20201125_171148.thumb.jpg.e115d81d6f9dcf78106c443566609ce3.jpgIMG_20201125_171112.thumb.jpg.c72d2e892b993c7d6b2d7a8ec32a67c3.jpg

Secondly our free standing bath tap. This seems to be more of an issue and I think we may need to get a replacement as I think it's actually missing part of the fixing.

IMG-20201125-WA0014.thumb.jpg.c77b437095139d37eb24f7b900f2820d.jpgIMG-20201125-WA0013.thumb.jpg.8f227c608fcdcd2bd34d1702689cc09f.jpgIMG-20201125-WA0012.thumb.jpg.1cf5a824613fc647096aa40dccf3221f.jpg

If anyone can urgently help identify what to need to order otherwise it may be an urgent replacement order for different taps!

Thanks

IMG_20201125_171122.jpg

1 minute ago, Dave Jones said:

plumber cant be upto much if he cant get a few spared and fit a bloody tap.

He spat his dummy out as the Quooker tap was missing the washers (they must have fell off so I need to ring Quooker and order a new set of washers). He was ranting about ex display items. I don't know whether to just order new taps completely he's a d*ck.

• Haha 1

tell the lazy bast*** to get his ass to the plumbers merchants and sort or you'll get someone else to finish  it. 

Would have had words then and there if it was me, dont put up with it.

He was just going off site. He has another job next week and we are stuck with him as everything is really time precious at the moment.

His attitude is you ordered the ex display stuff and it isn't right so you sort it. I guess it is my problem but he hasn't explained what I need to order.

If anyone can help that would be great short of ordering two new taps.

Wot a d###k head!, pic 2, two flexi tails like this https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-tap-tails-10mm-x-15mm-x-300mm-2-pack/4565G?tc=SB6&ds_kid=92700055281954514&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=CjwKCAiAnvj9BRA4EiwAuUMDf7MiuZSgo73008tHGysFzEyDEcwgivAV0PxSMYGJHXx_9BLjN_zuhBoC_HIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds also pic 1, spout bits appear   missing but won’t stop it working

Not sure about other tap, I would go back to the shop as it does not appear to be a standard fitting AFAIK.

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

See now that's what I said I thought he meant but apparently not it's something else. I'm just going to order a new tap. I wasn't necessarily fussed about the Roper Rhodes one so I'll just get them to remove it and flog it and order a Bristan one or similar.

3 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

We figured out the grand sum of what's missing on the floor standing tap.

IMG_20201125_191317.jpg.c02ac5f3fd6ad48f40cdcb10b150eddc.jpg

Yes, that will hold it onto the floor ,But how do you connect water pipes to those two bits sticking out, they appear to have “o” rings but no thread???? Anyone!!,

Edited by joe90
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

We figured out the grand sum of what's missing on the floor standing tap.

IMG_20201125_191317.jpg.c02ac5f3fd6ad48f40cdcb10b150eddc.jpg

Hmmm... like @joe90 said - that is the floor retainer not the connectors. They look very odd and very custom. Any brand identifiers on it ..??

Roper tap will have a connector that ends with a 1/2” BSP threaded fitting - from memory they have one long and one short stud. Looks like a Wessex tap, ring Ropers (01225 303 900) and they will give you the part number for the tails. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Hmmm... like @joe90 said - that is the floor retainer not the connectors. They look very odd and very custom. Any brand identifiers on it ..??

No, unfortunately not. I may just have to buy another. Thanks for the RR info I'll check them out.

Now to sort the Quooker tap. Need all replacement washers for the Cube and Combi.

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

@canalsiderenovation do you have a plumb centre near you? Ah it’s now called wolesley in Oswestry https://www.wolseley.co.uk/branch/oswestry/?y_source=1_OTU2NzA4My03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24ud2Vic2l0ZQ%3D%3D

take your bits in there, flash your eyelids and ask fir help (damsel in distress ?) I have found them helpfull in the past.

I've just managed to get a matching freestanding Hudson Reed tap and basin tap new and boxed for less than £100 which I'm collecting tomorrow from somewhere local. It will probably be far less hassle than driving round to try and sort the freestanding tap and get the missing bits for the Roper Rhodes under pressure! I'll get them taken off and try and figure it all out and sell them on eBay. The freestanding tap I haggled in with the bath so it was always going to be a punt.

Quooker can sort out a washer pack for the Cube and Conbi (just need them to call them to order) and I then need one of these the plumber has said https://www.quooker.co.uk/drill-bit-set-31-024-00-9.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Sounds like the taps have come up good - you could surprise the plumber and get that basin tap off before he comes back - it’s only a couple of nuts ...! And then wrap the new boxes in a nice bow for him .. ?

Yes we are going to take it off tomorrow before he gets to site. I'd wrap the bow tightly around his neck if I saw him.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

tell the lazy bast*** to get his ass to the plumbers merchants and sort or you'll get someone else to finish  it. 

Would have had words then and there if it was me, dont put up with it.

This does all depend on how he is getting paid, would you want to spend your time running around picking up parts if the customer was meant to have supplied it, your a bit quick to jump on the bloke without knowing the facts. 

I’d expect the attitude to be ‘your missing xyz do you want me to get them and bill you’? 

It’s not like they are not at the plumbers merchant every day !

I don’t put up with that nonsense from trades and tell them straight, if they walk they walk.  You shouldn’t have to with decent ones .

It does depend 

I’d expect the attitude to be ‘your missing xyz do you want me to get them and bill you’? 

It’s not like they are not at the plumbers merchant every day !

I don’t put up with that nonsense from trades and tell them straight, if they walk they walk.  You shouldn’t have to with decent ones .

It does depend, he might be sick of customers who either don’t know what they want or think they have got the stuff and haven’t 

a day job can turn into two with a bit of faffing about chucked in. 

Its ok expecting him to just grab some bits when he’s at the merchants, but you cannot physically get a job done if driving about. 

I can see his side of things. 

15 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:
15 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

He didn’t bother is the point. 

I don't expect him to run around, it was more his attitude to be honest and as if he was trying to criticise everything in front of the other guys. When I got straight onto the phone to Quooker there and then he seemed to shut up a bit. My wife works on the railway and is used to working with guys and described the term as him d**k swinging in front of the other trades. Builder has said to us all along if he wasn't so good at what he does he wouldn't use him because he can behave like a stroppy teenager.

totally get you. Trying to keep focus on the big picture while dealing with arseholes is one of the the more common challenges in the building ive found!

I can't bite my lip though so we either have a row and get it sorted then and there or they gone.

Last week was skip lorry driver who couldn't get at the skip and instead of asking shouted from the cab 'move that lot out the way im in a hurry', I laughed at him instead of having a row and ignored him. When he came back the next morning completely different attitude and I was only too happy to help.

Win some lose some!