Storing Bricks over winter...

Can't seem to find any firm info on this...

I'm thinking of buying all the bricks I need for my extension now, before Brexit kicks in (not even sure if that will make a difference), and they have 10% off this week for Black Friday (1425 bricks for £876, Ibstock Hardwicke Minster Beckstone Mixture), they would have to sit on the driveway which in itself drains well, but there is no cover. What would you do?

Just now, joe90 said:

When it’s built will it be covered???, just put a board over it or bits of poly. I would buy them now, there was a National brick shortage just after I bought mine so was very lucky.

Yeah I've alsorts running through my head, the usual what ifs. I've got loads of breather membrane which I could put over and weight down which should do the trick.

Packs of bricks do sweat in their polly wrappings, mine were stored on doubled up pallets on well grass but they also pull up moisture when sitting on hardcore. If you go ahead I reckon the solution is not to wrap the packs up tight in plastic but instead have a simple cover to shed direct rainfall but encourage ventilation around the sides of the pack so they can shed the moisture they draw up.

After handling 10,000 bricks this summer I could feel which bricks suffered a bit of frost damage at the edge of a pack.

I should also be able to get a few pallets, and decant them onto those to lift them up off the ground. OK, will have a think about it, thanks for the replies, im hoping the discount amount goes up where i found them, as it also shows 15 and 20% off, today was 10%, will see what state of play is tomorrow ?