upgrade underfloor heating to be smart

Phebus

hello, I have an underfloor heating system installed in my flat, it looks to be UHF manifold, the solution is from warmafloor with thermostats CC-T-764WHI and screen control 4'3''' touchscreen.

However the control system is not manageable via an app/website and I would like to upgrade it to be operable with distance , replacing probably the thermostats and/or the control+screen system.

However i have no idea where to start from, I have tried to find documentation on their website but there is nothing about how to upgrade (and the company isn't very responsive to messages), i found even the way to operate quite complex currenlty.

I checked online how to replace thermostats which looks doable however the alternatives don't really support the same functions as the one installed so I am not sure what would happened if I proceed like that (for ex current system has a mode 'Schedule', "SetBack' etc.)

Is there any resource on internet that somebody could point out, or somebody who could advise how to start on this system  ,  do I need a professional to take care or is it possible to self change ?

many thanks

Edited by Phebus

Welcome

Just looked at that thermostat and if you upgrade to the 7” screen from the smaller one it allows remote access ..? That is possibly your easiest option without knowing what actuators / controllers are in place on the UFH manifold itself. 

6 hours ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Hi, I don't claim to have done an exhaustive market analysis - but I just replaced an Uponor UFH set-up (the thermostats / controller / actuators) with a Heatmiser one that is app-controlled. Works fine.

Alan

hello, thanks for the info. Did you have some knowledge how to do this, or did you use some online resource you could indicate me ? thanks !