Replacement UFH manifold

MrSniff

The UHF manifolds in our house are now about 12 years old, and I am finding a number of problems with the valves (stuck or the “valve cartridge” leaking). Sourcing like for like valves seems to be impossible due to the age, but do the valves need to be exactly like of like, or whether as long as they fit it would be fine?

I was also wondering whether to just replace one of the manifolds and keep the good valves for spare: however the system installed has the actuators on the flow side and the flow regulators on the return side (the regulators do seems to be designed to be on this side since they read correctly). Is there any downside in ordering and fitting a new 5 way manifold with actuators and flow regulators on the conventional side? And, possibly stupid question, does the mounting distance between rails tend to be the same, so “plug and play” for a new manifold?

Thanks.

Ian

99622555-5C58-4303-9CE8-1C513EA24ED2.jpeg

Replacement actuators are readily available, here is just one random example https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotex-Actuator-Ufh-Sat-8-Actuator-for-Rmx-Rmv-175145/223886639408?epid=9036438063&hash=item3420af0130:g:tKQAAOSw-MpeMvIr

TIP:  Buy ones similar to that link where the part that screws onto the manifold is a metal ring.  Avoid the ones where a plastic ring screws onto the manifold and the actuator then clips onto that plastic ring, they are imho rubbish.

Thanks ProDave. The actuators themselves are fine, it is the valves that are the problem: some of them can’t be manually closed (and in one case is weeping despite being screwed in properly). I haven’t found exact replacements online or at the local plumbers shops.

4DD86CB1-B3A3-4380-A80A-429B9187929F.jpeg