Amendments to Fully Granted PP and Warrant

ggc

Hello all, 

Just discovered this forum and kicking myself for not finding it earlier, have been reading for hours there is a wealth of knowledge and expertise on here! more informative than the answers I've had from 'The Professionals' !

Our planning journey has been a long one (over 15 years) it's for my parents home, a bungalow, and building an extension so we can move in to cut down costs and help them too! older sibling decided to take charge and finally got planning permission passed and building warrant (Scotland) granted a few years ago, (about to run out time wise) for plans which never suited my parents needs and future mobility, I was abroad for work at the time and when I got back and saw the plans I wondered if both the Architect and my brother had even consulted my parents as the build was a complete fantasy both budget and build wise (subterranean in an area prone to flooding and facing the darkest direction for all day light , lots of various stairs etc..)  My parents told me they were never consulted and on the few occasions the architect came round to take measurements he was not in the slightest bit interested with what my dad had to say or any input, so after my brother having spent £££ of my dads money on architects/surveyors/engineer fees it's still not suitable for their needs and the architect who dealt with the plans is retired now and and (I believe) living where no one can reach him and in all honesty my dad doesn't want to engage with him any further.  We have a few drawings and building warrant paperwork (don’t know what is missing)

My husbands uncle, a retired architect of many years heard our frustrations and said he would be happy to look over plans and give us some ideas to make the plans suitable to our requirements which he did indeed do. He has been out of the profession for a while so wouldn't be able to see it through which we knew so we have consulted with an Architect who came recommended by a friend to help with slight amendments with the passed plans to make them more suitable for my parents needs, I have provided all ideas (from uncle)and I just needed someone who would be able to tell me if amendments for both plans and warrant would be possible without starting again from scratch seen as we wouldn’t really be changing foot print just raising the building out of subterranean level and trying to work in a liveable mezzanine space which uncle had already suggested.

The reason I ‘Believed’ I needed another architect was because I don’t know the proper terms for speaking with the planning department to ask for what I want in regards to amendment to plans and subsequently the warrant, and wanted to stay within all building regulations. As great as this new chap has been and we get on very well with him and like his manner, he has recently said he will charge £5000+VAT for this as a favour because he came recommended from a previous client. I hadn’t anticipated another £6000, I knew it would cost but that was quite a shock.

My initial question is, do we need an architect to liase with the planning department?  we now feel rushed due to time constraints, but are unsure of how to go about this without an architects input, he has decided to do a few sketches which may make the layout better but we didn’t really ask for this but we are grateful for the input and he has thrown in some interesting initial ideas.

Would be grateful for any help. 3d rendered image attached of plans that have been passed but no good for parents due to levels. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0623.JPG

How long ago were the permissions obtained?

Someone is going to have to redo the drawings and design to your specifications, it's pretty much starting from scratch unless you have the raw cad files to edit in terms of what information is needed for submissions, did they have an engineer on board already etc?

On 25/11/2020 at 22:08, the_r_sole said:

How long ago were the permissions obtained?

Someone is going to have to redo the drawings and design to your specifications, it's pretty much starting from scratch unless you have the raw cad files to edit in terms of what information is needed for submissions, did they have an engineer on board already etc?

The permission was Validated in December 2017 and granted in 2018, I am not sure if it's three years from the Validation date or from the Granted date? uncle did touch base with planners via email who have asked him for some sketches to see what we want to change and we have yet to arrange this appointment with the planners as are in the process of getting these amended sketches done (or trying to!)