Large internal bifold doors

Mandana

Any ideas for this area?

It’s 3500 x 2300 and we’re struggling to get exactly what we want, so have to think of alternatives. 

We are going with Porta doors for the internals but the best they’re able to do for this space are 2 x 600 fixed panels (ending where the upright pieces of wood are placed) and 2 x 1000 double doors.

This room is our dining room and we wanted to be able to open the whole space up so on the occasions all our family are together the dining table can be extended into the living space with easy access around it when people are sat at the table. 

Any thoughts? 

6F0CD2DA-069C-4045-A46C-0A2EEC5A1B2F.jpeg

I'm with @Mandana on this one and wouldn't be looking at pocket doors. from the looks of the plans the pocket wouldn't hold much of the door (assuming a single track pocket door) and bifolds would give a larger opening. although I'm happy to be corrected if there is a better solution out there. I looked in to large pocket doors and couldn't find any large ones.

here's the thread as there were some other good suggestions in there for you.

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Or bi fold with 180’ hinges to fold back against the sip walls (hence my question on wall size).

or potentially use the Helm tracks that @Onoff mentioned in the thread I linked above if the wall size is sufficient and it's the look they're after.

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, crazy chicken lady said:

Hi there.

You might have it sorted now, as I see this post was a while ago.

I had a lovely set of bespoke sliding doors from Elegant Doors in Nottingham, and they did folding doors too.

https://www.elegantdoors.co.uk/piazza-crittall-style-doors

grafic-crittall-style-bifold-840x630-crop.jpg

Hello CCL!

Thanks for posting. We couldn’t have what we wanted so decided to leave the doors off in the end and address them at a later stage, if at all. 

I really like what you’ve shown in your pictures so will definitely look to ask them to quote if we find we’d prefer doors there. 

Thanks again