Timber Frame It

Helen Vowls

26 minutes ago, Helen Vowls said:

Has anyone heard of them or used them? Based in East Sussex?  Just had a call with them and was impressed - any views?

I have heard of them and they were on our shortlist of companies to use. I was impressed with them as well, the price was very reasonable and we weren't completely put off from them after going to see a property they were building although there were some things we weren't 100% sure on so in the end we chose to go with Flight Timber as we got a better feeling for the quality of the build for them that we went to see.

if the quote is good then go see a house that they're building to see the quality of their work. or just do that anyway before they quote! then it'll save time for both sides if you're not interested from the off. ? 

Be wary of them going broke.  They have been around for a while so hopefully not, but credit card payment may give you some protection.

Do a site and factory visit.  Get them to price to include insulation.  I like the idea of getting a watertight shell and air pressure test as part of any package if you are new to this.