What are these for please?

We have four pieces of foam with our Vent Axia sentinel and there are no instructions as to what they are for. I assume they are to be fitted on the back of the unit for sound deadening although the gap to the rear of the unit is greater than the foam? TIA

1606135575979128017032934049545.jpg

16061356106797039175874702666276.jpg

Anyone got any ideas please? I know quite a few have the vent axia sentinel mvhr fitted and just wondered what these are for as I need to get it into position tomorrow? I know they are not transit packaging as all four pieces are laid on top the unit when I opened it. TIA

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Are you sure they do not wrap around to form a loop, it looks like the notched ends would interlock together.

they wouldn't match the circumference of one of the vent pipes if you did that would they?

That would make sense Dave as there are four of them to match my four terminals and with that notched end it looks like they are made to join up. I wonder if they to allow for a larger duct size to fit onto the unit? Will have a look tomorrow and let you know. Thanks 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ProDave said:

Are you sure they do not wrap around to form a loop, it looks like the notched ends would interlock together.

they wouldn't match the circumference of one of the vent pipes if you did that would they?

20 hours ago, Temp said:

+1

The notches help improve the seal. 

Had a quick look today and the foam is not a perfect fit either round the outside or inside of the terminals on my mvhr? 

From the *full* manual (there are a couple of versions I found)

"Note: Sentinel Kinetic Plus units have spigots suitable for either diameter 150mm ducting (UK model) or for diameter
180mm ducting (rest of EU model). The diameter 180mm spigots come complete with self adhesive foam adaptors
to enable it to be used with either diameter 180mm ducting or diameter 200mm ducting. These foam adaptors are to
be fixed to the outside of the spigot for diameter 200mm ducting. High Flow units are supplied with 180mm spigots,
an accessory pack of four self adhesive foam adaptors part no. 409761 is available for use with 200mm ducting.