Pro Clima Tapes & Membranes

LA3222

For future members who may be looking to purchase Intello Pro Clima membrane, Tescon Vana airtight tape etc, cheapest place I managed to find is a company in Germany. A search for Latzel Dammstoffe should find them. My order was with me within a couple of days, very keen pricing when compared to UK companies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 9 months later...

What are you finding now, post Brexit is the cheapest place to buy Tesco Vana tape from? 
I have spoken to the company in Germany mentioned above and they now require an order value of over 200 euro. The tape is 16euro a roll through. 
anybody fancy splitting a batch if I order some? I don’t need that much. 
thanks 

Just to let everybody know, I bought 13 rolls of Tescon Vana tape  from Latzel Dammstoffe for about 16 Euro each. 

A few points worth knowing:

- Post brexit your order value with them has to be over 200 Euro. (They are not registered in some way for the below £135 scheme where VAT isn’t refunded).

- They refund you the German VAT less a few fees (approx 25 euro in my case).

- You pay the UK VAT and UK Import Duty to the courier before the parcel is released for delivery.

Even with the additional charges, it’s considerably cheaper than buying the tape in the UK.

The above is probably obvious to most but it was the first time I’d bought anything of any value from the EU post Brexit so it might be useful to some. 

• Like 5

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the information, I was just looking at these guys today and wondering how the VAT & Duty would work.

Could I ask a couple of questions?

• How did you order with them? Was it through ebay de, their website or did you contact them direct?
  • Did you have to request the German VAT refund or did they automatically sort it?
  • What was the Duty rate you had to pay?

Thanks

On 07/09/2021 at 17:19, marone said:

Could I ask a couple of questions?

• How did you order with them? Was it through ebay de, their website or did you contact them direct?
  • Did you have to request the German VAT refund or did they automatically sort it?
  • What was the Duty rate you had to pay?

I have corresponded with Thomas on this and he said the following:

• He ordered through the DE site (the German version of the site as the English version did not work very well).
  • They automatically refunded the German VAT once the consignment shipped (less a small arrangement fee).
  • He then received a message from the courier to the UK VAT and duty.
  • He said the duty on 13 rolls of Vana was about £10.
  • He said it was still a lot cheaper than buying in UK.

Hope that's helpful. And thanks to Thomas for sharing his experiences.

I've recently placed an order for various breather membranes, Intello, tapes, gaskets etc. I estimated around £2.2-2.3k's worth if purchased over here. 

Once it's arrived and I've paid our VAT, duty etc I'll try and pull a breakdown together and see how it all compares. Delivery time etc. 

Ben

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Quick update:

All four parcels dispatched. I've paid two import duties so far and they attempted delivery yesterday but we were out. Ordered on Monday!

I've just had the other 2 import duty emails so should have delivery of everything mid next week. Really impressed so far. Latzel / Thomas has been incredibly quick with everything and DPD make it very easy to pay fees etc. 

Full breakdown of cost comparison to follow...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2020 at 09:02, Tony C said:

I also ordered pro clima Intello plus (VCL) and all the tapes from Germany, thinking it is better to have it before the Brexit.

https://www.baunativ.de/product_info.php?products_id=66

Free delivery if you order more than 100 Euro.

So I tried this company, and although they are competitive in price, you need a VAT registration to order from them. Will try using my builder’s.

50 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

@BenP did you manage to do a breakdown? 

also did most select the normal intello or the plus version. Only difference I think I can see I that the plus is reinforced? I assume if you are blowing in insulation? I have SIPS so guessing the standard stuff would be OK? @LA3222 what did you sure? 

I used the plus, no real reason as to why, I am probably guilty of spending extra money unnecessarily at times?‍♂️

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JFDIY said:

Does anyone have an alternative sealant to the orcon F, which is amazingly good, but I can only buy at a kings ransom type price.

Not sure if this is expensive or not, never bought any.

https://www.ecologicalbuildingsystems.com/product/orcon-f

Regards  James

8 hours ago, SuperJohnG said:

@BenP did you manage to do a breakdown? 

also did most select the normal intello or the plus version. Only difference I think I can see I that the plus is reinforced? I assume if you are blowing in insulation? I have SIPS so guessing the standard stuff would be OK? @LA3222 what did you sure? 

Not yet @SuperJohnG - the build has started now and I'm a little occupied. Have even started using the Vana tape - blimey it's sticky.!

Anywho, roughly speaking I worked out to buy over here my order would have been around £2300 inc VAT from ecomerchant or similar. My total order cost from Germany was a sniff under £1600 all in. 

This was for 2x roof membranes, 2x wall membranes, 3x intello plus, various sizes pipe grommets and 30 rolls of Vana. 

I hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, James94 said:

Not sure if this is expensive or not, never bought any.

https://www.ecologicalbuildingsystems.com/product/orcon-f

Regards  James

Its the postage that makes it expensive, since your prompt I did a bit of searching around and I have found a fairly main stream builders merchants who have it for the same price and they're only 15mins away from my route to work, so will go next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to place and order with these guys, just wanted to check a few things. I assume most people use the 1.5m wide rolls? also which width tape did people get? (the pages don't actually seem to say the width of the tape on it either?!) is there anything else I should get while I am doing an order that I'll need but not thought about yet? orcon? (no brickwork just whether I would need to secure on ground floor to concrete slab with this). Its a SIPS kit. 

Plus did everyone just buy direct through shop or email them?

thanks 

John 

2 hours ago, SuperJohnG said:

I'm just about to place and order with these guys, just wanted to check a few things. I assume most people use the 1.5m wide rolls? also which width tape did people get? (the pages don't actually seem to say the width of the tape on it either?!) is there anything else I should get while I am doing an order that I'll need but not thought about yet? orcon? (no brickwork just whether I would need to secure on ground floor to concrete slab with this). Its a SIPS kit. 

Plus did everyone just buy direct through shop or email them?

thanks 

John 

I bought 150mm width. It comes in 30m lengths. I also bought the spray on primer to make adhesion to brick and other rough surfaces better.

I used the Orcon at the join of frame to slab and in a few other random places too as its really good stuff. 

Do not underestimate just how much vana tape you will use. I ordered one box then had to order another so paid two lots of shipping and I still had to buy some more rolls from GBS - that was when brexit happened and they stopped shipping to the UK from Germany.

My build is 280m2 and I used 50 rolls altogether!

Edited by LA3222

2 hours ago, LA3222 said:

I used the Orcon at the join of frame to slab and in a few other random places too as its really good stuff. 

Do not underestimate just how much vana tape you will use. I ordered one box then had to order another so paid two lots of shipping and I still had to buy some more rolls from GBS - that was when brexit happened and they stopped shipping to the UK from Germany.

My build is 280m2 and I used 50 rolls altogether!

@LA3222 that's mental, id never have imagined that much. Was that just for the intello too? you didn't use it on your PIR?

Do they sell in boxes cheaper? or just so happened your 20 rolls was a box?

Don't think I can bring myself to  buy 50 rolls in one go £800 in tape...?