Pro Clima Tapes & Membranes

LA3222

22 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Did Latzel do all the VAT calcs - IE drop EU VAT and we pay the VAT when it gets here? Sounds like they did.

I need 2 x 150m2  AND 1 x 75m2 Pro Clima + tapes.

yeah. they did for me. I got a refund for that EU VAT very promptly from Latzel. DPD then send you a payment request for the import duty before they'll deliver the goods.

27 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Did Latzel do all the VAT calcs - IE drop EU VAT and we pay the VAT when it gets here? Sounds like they did.

I need 2 x 150m2  AND 1 x 75m2 Pro Clima + tapes.

I hadn't really checked but doesn't seem like they did:

here is my order: EUR 2017 / the paypal receipt/  which is for the same amount I paid through paypal. The on top of that I paid import VAT see bottom pic (there was 3 of these payments in total). So seems like I might need to check if I got a paypal refund or whether the German VAT didn't go away.

image.thumb.png.29aa49e508a8c2ba3285fb42d27175a1.png

image.thumb.png.ab9b1faa0a7ed66be31820c74045e2bc.png

Just now, SuperJohnG said:

I hadn't really checked but doesn't seem like they did:

here is my order: EUR 2017 / the paypal receipt/  which is for the same amount I paid through paypal. The on top of that I paid import VAT see bottom pic (there was 3 of these payments in total). So seems like I might need to check if I got a paypal refund or whether the German VAT didn't go away.

image.thumb.png.29aa49e508a8c2ba3285fb42d27175a1.png

image.thumb.png.ab9b1faa0a7ed66be31820c74045e2bc.png

it's not taken off at point of order. they will have sent a PayPal refund for the VAT.

15 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

So should work the same for a cr4edit card order - you didn't have to request the refund it just happens?

I can only presume so. Like @SuperJohnG I paid using Paypal so can only confirm that but I see no reason why a CC should be any different. I just checked my PayPal history and it took 3 days for the refund to come through, but then I ordered on Christmas Eve so that delay could've been due to the Christmas period. but I definitely didn't request the refund, it did just happen.

8 hours ago, Thorfun said:

it's not taken off at point of order. they will have sent a PayPal refund for the VAT.

I contacted Thomas Latzel, they hadnt actually issued the refund by accident. But done it today straight away. 

Thanks @MikeSharp01 for asking the question otherwise I would t have realised! 

@cwr you might want to check also. 

Edited by SuperJohnG
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

got a quick question for those that know about Tescon tapes.

I've started taping and I've noticed that the Tescon Profil that is used to seal around windows looks rather like it has lots of holes in it!

IMG_2641.jpeg.9166345bff816485e63487938fee6848.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg.7ed0298543c9eddc019e31de77b6fc27.jpeg

as you can see, and the writing of the Intel is visible through the tape as is the Tescon Vana. is it supposed to look like that? I presume there's some kind of clear stuff on the back to make it airtight? or maybe it's just the adhesive that does it? 

just looks a little strange to me.

• 5 months later...
On 07/03/2022 at 18:53, Thorfun said:

Hi all, 

got a quick question for those that know about Tescon tapes.

I've started taping and I've noticed that the Tescon Profil that is used to seal around windows looks rather like it has lots of holes in it!

IMG_2641.jpeg.9166345bff816485e63487938fee6848.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg.7ed0298543c9eddc019e31de77b6fc27.jpeg

as you can see, and the writing of the Intel is visible through the tape as is the Tescon Vana. is it supposed to look like that? I presume there's some kind of clear stuff on the back to make it airtight? or maybe it's just the adhesive that does it? 

just looks a little strange to me.

Don’t worry, it will do the job.

• 9 months later...

+1 for Latzel, German VAT refunded next day.  Ordered Tuesday evening and arrived Saturday morning. 

Amazing service and a bonus on the price which was easily a third cheaper than the UK suppliers. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah the website works calculating delivery and such, I was using the english version which looked dodgy as there is place holder text in some areas and looked a bit abandoned. I changed to the German version and it looks more promising. I guess it must be ok.

4 minutes ago, gavztheouch said:

Yeah the website works calculating delivery and such, I was using the english version which looked dodgy as there is place holder text in some areas and looked a bit abandoned. I changed to the German version and it looks more promising. I guess it must be ok.

maybe the German version but use your browser's translate function might make it work better? i haven't used them for a while but i can't see how they'd suddenly turn in to a dodgy company when so many on here have favourable experiences with them. 🤷‍♂️