Pro Clima Tapes & Membranes

LA3222

11 hours ago, SuperJohnG said:

@LA3222 that's mental, id never have imagined that much. Was that just for the intello too? you didn't use it on your PIR?

Do they sell in boxes cheaper? or just so happened your 20 rolls was a box?

Don't think I can bring myself to  buy 50 rolls in one go £800 in tape...?

Deffo only used that on the membrane, way too pricey to waste. Surprising how quickly you use it up! Think it was 20 to a box.

• Like 1

Was following this with interest, I just managed to get a reasonable price from Ultimate Insulation in Stirling on a sizeable order of vana, expanding foam tape and membranes etc. Might be worth a try, I was too disorganised to get from Germany and these were there overnight so can’t fault them!

9 hours ago, DC5 said:

Was following this with interest, I just managed to get a reasonable price from Ultimate Insulation in Stirling on a sizeable order of vana, expanding foam tape and membranes etc. Might be worth a try, I was too disorganised to get from Germany and these were there overnight so can’t fault them!

Any hint on pricing when compared with the folks in germany? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/11/2021 at 10:04, SuperJohnG said:

Any hint on pricing when compared with the folks in germany? 

Also interested (and have been recommended ultimate for all insulation), and wondering how long delivery time is from Germany?

3 hours ago, eandg said:

Also interested (and have been recommended ultimate for all insulation), and wondering how long delivery time is from Germany?

amazon.de is not the cheapest, but they claim to deliver within 5-6 days and usually amazon's logistics is second to none.

I only ordered one item, so I will be below the £135 gullibility threshold set by Boris. Above that threshold, I'm not sure if amazon.de include the import tax for you but I suspect not. It really beggars belief how so many people still think Brexit was a good idea. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Adsibob said:

amazon.de is not the cheapest, but they claim to deliver within 5-6 days and usually amazon's logistics is second to none.

I only ordered one item, so I will be below the £135 gullibility threshold set by Boris. Above that threshold, I'm not sure if amazon.de include the import tax for you but I suspect not. It really beggars belief how so many people still think Brexit was a good idea. 

FFS!!!! Just got this:

Good day,

Your order 306-4262660-4493149 from the seller Latzel Dämmstoffe GmbH & Co.KG has been canceled.

If payment has already been made for this order, we will refund the order within 5-7 working days.
The article is currently not available.

If you are still interested in the item, you can place a new order at Amazon.de at any time.

Below you will find the details of the order again.

We are delighted that you are our customer and hope to see you again on Amazon.de soon.

Amazon.de

1 hour ago, SuperJohnG said:

@DC5 did you jave an update on this? Was just about to order from Germany and forgot to check with ultimate insualtion. Wo Deri g if it will be cheaper though? 

In the end, I’ve given up on Pro Clima. Have gone with Isocell Airstop Flex Adhesive Tape, as is about 25% cheaper.

44 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

Any specific reason other than costs? 

No, I know nothing about it, other than it is cheaper. I only need 15m or 16m as I had already bought quite a bit of pro clima with which I’ve done most junctions. Just have a sliding door frame and Velux left to do. One Pro Clima tape in the 150mm width was going to cost £96 inc delivery + VAT. This worked out at £54 for a slightly shorter 25m roll (but still 150mm wide).

• Like 1

Just as an update I just made an order to Latzel:

8 rolls of Intello

8 tubes of orcon

40 rolls of 60mm Tescon Vana

£1484 from Latzel vs £2474 here in UK.

Those figures are both minus VAT and with an exchange rate of 1.17. 

Hopefully comes before xmas.  

17 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

8 rolls of Intello

8 tubes of orcon

Price difference is not to be sniffed at, tidy little saving there.

48 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

8 rolls of Intello

8 tubes of orcon

Is that priced with Ultimate or somewhere online?

Another +1 for Latzel.

Ordered Thurs 9th, arrived today. Whilst their website isn't the best, it is usable, just switch to the DE version at the top of the page and use the automatic Google translate.

Shipping via DPD. Customs wasn't an issue, once the goods hit the UK I received an email with a link to pay the charges. Delivered 24hrs later

Order total = £607

DE Tax refund = £92

UK Tax & Customs Charges = £110

Final Total (inc Delivery) = £625

UK vendor (inc Delivery & 12.5% discount) = £1003

Does make you wonder why the UK vendor prices are so much higher!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

another +1 for Latzel here. I ordered 7 rolls of Intello Plus and a load of tape at about 3pm on Christmas Eve and it arrived today! when you consider how many bank holidays we've had since Christmas Eve I am extremely impressed with this service. And DPD made it really easy with the import duty as well. Although it all came through as 3 separate packages and 3 import duty payments so I guess I paid the £5 admin charge on all 3 transactions. but a small price to pay when you consider how much was saved by ordering from Latzel.

out of interest, does anyone know if we can claim the import duty charges back as part of the VAT reclaim?

• 1 month later...