Cellecta Screedboard Alternatives?

Dan F

Anyone used any of these screedboard alternatives for reducing noise in timber-frame build that have worked well?  Screedboard28 at around £35 isn't cheap!  

Chipboard + 10mm Foam 

Cellecta Deckfon Chip.       26mm

- JCW Acoustic Deck.           28mm

- Karma Overlay.                    26mm

Gypsum + 10mm Wood Fibre

- Knauf Brio                            28mm

- Knauf Girafloor UB              28mm             

- Knauf Girafloor DLH/FHB  35mm        

- Karma Smart Floor             28mm

Cellecta Deckfon seems to be available for around £15/m2,  but my feeling is that a gypsum board is better option for impact noise and is also potentially better for bathrooms too. Hard to know what the practical difference is though as I expect manufactuer values for noise reduction aren't really comparable.

Edited by Dan F

2 hours ago, Dan F said:

Anyone used any of these screedboard alternatives for reducing noise in timber-frame build that have worked well?  Screedboard28 at around £35 isn't cheap!  

Chipboard + 10mm Foam 

Cellecta Deckfon Chip.       26mm

- JCW Acoustic Deck.           28mm

- Karma Overlay.                    26mm

Gypsum + 10mm Wood Fibre

- Knauf Brio                            28mm

- Knauf Girafloor UB              28mm             

- Knauf Girafloor DLH/FHB  35mm        

- Karma Smart Floor             28mm

Cellecta Deckfon seems to be available for around £15/m2,  but my feeling is that a gypsum board is better option for impact noise and is also potentially better for bathrooms too. Hard to know what the practical difference is though as I expect manufactuer values for noise reduction aren't really comparable.

For the ceilings I’ve started using these as it out performs Res bar 

ECE14C31-369F-4CD9-A2B3-50683DE0108D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Oz07 said:

@nod and his great camera again. What is it

My dusty work phone 
Gypliner on click ceiling brackets Quick and easy to install Great acoustic performance 

They are Gypliner ceiling brackets 

On the floor is a 22 mil cabba deck Then we laid 50 mil acoustic slab Then 22 mil gyprock plank Acoustic sealing both around the perimeter 

and finally laid a 22 mil TG chipboard floor glueing the joints only with a 10 mil expansion gap around the edge 

It’s like walking on concrete 

9 minutes ago, nod said:

On the floor is a 22 mil cabba deck Then we laid 50 mil acoustic slab Then 22 mil gyprock plank Acoustic sealing both around the perimeter 

Wow!  A 72mm build-up on top decking!  And I thought potentially putting a 35mm Knauf Gifafloor FHB (with 10mm WF resilient layer) on top of 22mm caberdeck might be overkill.

9 minutes ago, nod said:

Gypliner on click ceiling brackets Quick and easy to install Great acoustic performance 

Will have to study the whitebook.   

We were thinking of putting fireboard under joists on resiliant bars (we have fair amount of steel) and then using a second layer of PB on hangers for light-fittings.  Surely if you just use suspended ceiling but then have lots of downlights, it's not quite as effective?

Edited by Dan F

33 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Wow!  A 72mm build-up on top decking!  And I thought potentially putting a 35mm Knauf Gifafloor FHB (with 10mm WF resilient layer) on top of 22mm caberdeck might be overkill.

We were thinking of putting fireboard under joists on resiliant bars (we have fair amount of steel) and then using a second layer of PB on hangers for light-fittings.  Surely if you just use suspended ceiling but then have lots of downlights, it's not quite as effective?

We had no other options

2450 ground floor 2500 first floor 

Still left us with just under 2.4 

Hand I was dealt 

7 minutes ago, nod said:

We had no other options

Hand I was dealt 

We have:

2.4m first floor       (+ 50mm allowance for screedboard+flooring)

2.5m ground floor (+ 100mm allowance for ceiling void/pb or whatever we do there)

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

We had no other options

Hand I was dealt 

The  Gypliner on the underside of the floor with the joists packed with insulation Finished with 30 mil of sound block is plenty for a residential home 

The properties we soundproofed to such a high standard where four story houses that had been built and stood for 12 years The banks had decided to convert them into flats selling at 250 k plus