Plasterboard edge trim. Reveals.

Russell griffiths

I’m looking for a trim @nod that I want to put on the edge of the boards that go into a window reveal. 

I want to thin skim the reveal but want a clean line against the windows, not a plastered line that will crack and require caulking. 

Hunting around and just just looking for recommendations. 

Cheers. 

Why make anything complicated?

Simple window reveals boarded with plasterboard, plastered then painted.

After cleaning the excess plaster off the windows they have been painted and 4 years on not a crack to be seen between the plaster and the window.

window_board_2.thumb.jpg.49ee9434b890cfd19321371d390eb9a7.jpg

This is exactly an issue I wish our plasterer had done what I wanted. I asked fir a stop bead at window/door junction but was assured it would not be required, I have several windows, mainly south facing , where the plaster/window junction has crazed/cracked. Several here experienced the same, @Jeremy Harris being one who also said he wished he had done this as he has had to fill/sand paint around several windows. I plastered my porch and used a stop bead and have had no issues there. Between the stop bead and window a flexible caulk can be used to absorb any movement and be over painted.

I seem to suffer very little plaster cracking anywhere.  I am convinced this is because there was quite a long time gap between the frame going up and getting to do internal finishings like plastering?   I have just been round all the downstairs window reveals and they are all as crisp as when they were plastered and painted about 3 years ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I’m looking for a trim @nod that I want to put on the edge of the boards that go into a window reveal. 

I want to thin skim the reveal but want a clean line against the windows, not a plastered line that will crack and require caulking. 

Hunting around and just just looking for recommendations. 

Cheers. 

I normally use the tap on type of edge bead 

I buy by the box from BG

But Travis Perkins should be able to order you some in 

B3E6841E-9C5F-45BB-AA8C-CE22D6C6528E.png

• Like 1