Stud walls - 75mm, 100mm, rough sawn, 83mmCLS?!

Conor

Seems the me a plethora of timber and build up options for stud walls.

These are for my basement - utility, bathroom and cold room, all 2400mm tall. I'm thinking 75mm rough sawn carcassing timber, possibly 12.5mm OSB*, them plasterboard etc. Any need to got to 100mm? Or is 83mm planed CLS that much easier to work with to justify the extra cost? Do these choices affect stud spacing?

*Used OSB in previous kitchen and bathroom renovation and made it super easy to mount stuff to walls, tempted to use it again, esp for cold room which will have loads of shelving. And beer. It's basically a big beer fridge.

Edited by Conor

Quick update on this.

No doors on any of these walls - they are all in the block walls in the hallway.

The wall for the cold room needs to be insulated - I got a pile of 100mm PIR from @dpmillerfor the job, so now settling for 100mm studs for the basement - plus the bathroom stud wall will have wall hung toilet and sink on one side, and the other side will be in the utility/plant room so likely heavy stuff will be mounted to it!

Local builders merchant has 100x35mm C16 timber... is this too thin? fair bit cheaper than 47mm. Both walls will be ply lined on one side.

Thanks

edit: now thinking 35mm is too narrow....

Edited by Conor