1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

I hope NAPIT aren’t reading this lol. 💩

My experience when I rang NAPIT was pretty positive, they were far and away the most helpful of the Part P accreditation companies I spoke with, so my guess is that they would see this for what it is.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

My experience when I rang NAPIT was pretty positive, they were far and away the most helpful of the Part P accreditation companies I spoke with, so my guess is that they would see this for what it is.

Did you ask about whether they still do the "Just 8" scheme? Only downside is if you do more than 8 notifiables you can't just pay a bit extra. They don't as I think I've mentioned before advertise it.

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Did you ask about whether they still do the "Just 8" scheme? Only downside is if you do more than 8 notifiables you can't just pay a bit extra. They don't as I think I've mentioned before advertise it.

All or fcuk all mate ;)  I don’t do half measures. 

Just now, Nickfromwales said:

I think that was for @JSHarris. I think @Onoff knows you are all or bugger all ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

That was directed at Jeremy, you'll do 8 in a week! :)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, newhome said:

I think that was for @JSHarris. I think @Onoff knows you are all or bugger all ;)

29 minutes ago, Onoff said:

That was directed at Jeremy, you'll do 8 in a week! :)

Ok, gotcha. :S

14 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

When my mate was running a big PA and lighting rig we made up 2x 13a plug to 1x 32a C-form splitters to max out the double sockets

Better than my mate at school who, when he was about 10, decided he wanted 480 volts so wired two plugs in series. His father was less than entirely pleased.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Onoff said:

They don't, as the cost had risen to almost the same as getting the standard Part P just before they stopped it, plus they put restrictions on it whereby lecturers who wanted to join Just 8 had to be in full time employment; they wouldn't allow retired part-time lecturers (like me) to have joined. 

£200 on books 😥

I hope one of them has a bloody happy ending 😳

image.thumb.jpeg.9a18a95eed9db822abe2c9d15a102304.jpeg

Nightime reading 👍

Dunno about happy endings, looks like the cure for insomnia 😴😴😴

I can genuinely say I've lost count of the times I've taken the B*B (* insert current colour) to bed. More so than the OSG, GN3 etc. Especially leading up to the exam. Are you still allowed to tag the book / make notes at the back when you take the 2382? I imagine so. 

Yup. Got my £5 worth of day glow coloured post-it notes and tags etc ready to tag the high frequency stuff. 

A few good YT vids with good advice re the exam which is time limited. Says to flag answers that you've guessed so you can answer the ones you know, quickly, and then in the remaining time you get to go back to the flagged ones and reference the book to correct them. 

A few sparkies out there who aren't fans of the fast track schemes but if it's a good enough filter to recognise competent people then I'm a fan.  Without core electrical knowledge I wouldn't have got through the first phone call in fairness. 

Fell asleep 55 pages in last night. Lightweight :D 

Did you try that exam simulator?

On 10/10/2018 at 13:18, Onoff said:

Did you try that exam simulator?

Of course not. I will though, when my arse gets to meet my chair. 😑