Dry Hip and Dry Ridge problem on new build

Tomfromsurrey

Hello All, 

New to this site 

I also have just had a dry ridge / hip system installed on an old house - replacing the original Mortar.  Firstly the builder put the dry ridge kit in on the hips without the trays - i spotted this and pointed it out to which he replied they are optional! - anyway i got them to redo the work and put trays in place on the Hips - only took an extra hour or so!

but i am a little concerned that the the flashing is not properly stuck down/peeling up - the builder assures me this is not an issue and that this is not the final seal as there is a narrow watertight seal that i can't see - Is this true and should i be concerned that the flashing has lifted in certain areas?

• 2 years later...
On 10/12/2020 at 16:26, Tomfromsurrey said:

Maybe this is whats needed. Dry Valley, equal depth at the lower end, and unequal depth at the upper end so deeper on the right top.

Image is a bit of a quick drawing, but you get the idea. That would need to be bespoke in GRP I assume. something made with lead and battens would probably do the job.

Better that what is there now.

Image1.jpg

Existing Transition.JPG

So this is the original transition on the roof. It has taken 2.5 years to get the developer to fix it. It wasn’t until I designed the way to fix it that it got done. I purchased cloak verge tiles, and the developers had their roofer install them. See the attached photo of the finished result. There is a lead tray to the gutter beneath the cloak verge 

IMG_3547.jpeg

• Like 2